Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EVA Faux Teak Vendors

DonT

All -

I've been looking (and rec'd samples) from MarineDeckFactory.com for faux teak eva sheets - they look great, but a little pricey when compared w/ other "ebay" type vendors.  Of course significantly cheaper than Seadek and GatorStep.

Does anyone have any experiences to share w/ the ebay vendors - I'm concerned that some of the listings show shipping from CA or GA - yet when your go into feedback, you see that the user is a)  from either china or Serbia  b)  sell a lot of other different crap not even remotely related to faux teak.

Thanks,

Just purchased and installed two sheets of "eBay" foam flooring. Check out wake garage.com for pictures and posts. $55/sheet

I'd say to stay away. It works, but not worth it. 3M backing is IMPORTANT. This company rolled it up and shipped up. Stuff didn't want to unroll and trimming the edges was impossible because it was garbage. 

Now that it's down, it's not sticking well where it wants to curl back up. Again, NO 3M backing. Hopefully warmer weather will help keep it down. I think this stuff will work, but it's cheap and a decent value for cost.

I bet the good stuff is $150/roll. At that point, i'd be looking at gatorstep for some awesome pre-cut pieces.

There is a big group buy of gatorstep going on right now in the main discussion page. I think they are up to 30% off. May be closer budget for you. Something I would check out for sure. 

4 hours ago, jrvs23 said:

There is a big group buy of gatorstep going on right now in the main discussion page. I think they are up to 30% off. May be closer budget for you. Something I would check out for sure. 

I think his issue was they didn’t have a template for his boat. 

7 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

I think his issue was they didn’t have a template for his boat. 

I didn't glean that from the OP. Sounded like he was just looking for a product similar but costing less.

33 minutes ago, jrvs23 said:

I didn't glean that from the OP. Sounded like he was just looking for a product similar but costing less.

It’s in the gator step gb thread that you referenced.

Edited by Pnwrider

True enough - I checked w/ GatorStep last June, and they didn't have the templates.  I have an email into them now, but I"m not too hopeful.  If they did, then it's worth the premium to go w/ GatorStep.

If I'm going to have to go through the templating process, I might as well save a few bucks and go w/ an alternative.  Cutting is the "easy part" -  templating, not so much.

Thanks guys!