Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Gabrial (upholstery process)

hawaiianstyln

Super excited to find this guy (thru this forum a few months back).  He has a lot of my skins currently and just a class act guy (and his son).  Too bad I'm 3,000 miles away I would just drop the boat off and do a full upholstery restore. 

Process Requirements for Gabe:

1. Contact him and let him know what you need.  Gabe then explains his process and requirements.
  2. He needs just the skins no foam
    1. I was able to jam two rear ski locker skins, center back skin, one corner back seat skin in a small box.
  3. No need to pluck each staple out to get him the skin, just take a utility knife and cut on the outside edge of the staples for now (you or a local upholstery shop can pull those thousands of staples off later)
  4. I put a detailed note in there with all my information he would need (email/cell/address) and what I'm looking for as far as upholstery restore
  5. Once he is done, he will take a photo of the receipt from US postal office for the shipping along with the cost of his service and send it to your phone
  6. You send him a personal check in the interim of him sending everything back to you
    1. He sews the skins together that includes the new foam
  7. Bring the skin and foam to local shop and have them staple it back to the HDPE properly
    1. Make sure the local shop heats up the skins before placing on the HDPE because I know personally that some of my local shops did not do that and looked like sh!t

He said he will be making a video soon on properly steaming the skins just before stretching it onto the HPDE and stapling it because a lot of shops skip this important step

Although I was hoping he would do paypal or something for his protection.  I just hope some swindler out there doesn't screw him over one day since he sends out the cushions or skins while you send a check at the same time..  If that happens we will have everyone on this forum help hunt that person down so they don't mess with Gabe.  :biggrin:

guess I should add his contact for newcomers that haven't see past threads on Gabe

Gabrial's Custom Marine

3020 Apron Ave

Atwater CA 95301

(209) 564-6203

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 05hammerhead said:

Where is he located?  Cost?

depends on if you send the entire cushion or you cut the skin off for him.  I thought he told me either $100 per skin on the smaller stuff and for bigger like ski lockers it would be $150 per locker 

I used him because of this site and I was close enough that I after talking with him I decided to send him my boat vs just getting skins without ever meeting him. Got it back this week and could not be happier with my decision. It looks like new. All new interior and carpet. He was great to work with and went above and beyond. First contacted him earlier last year to get some quotes at the time he was a little busy and took a few days to start a conversation but once we did he gave me a quote and I told him a date I was going to stop using the boat so I could get it off to him. He put me on the schedule. I was trying to bring him the boat on said date but my schedule was making that hard so I decided to just ship the boat to him a month later then I had told him and that worked for us. Everything was over the phone. Once he had my boat he was very on it, texts and answering phone calls etc. One of my wheel bearings went out on the way to him and the company just tossed the tire in the boat and had problems with the breaks he had a guy get them fixed while he had the boat at his shop. Not having ever met him I was a little nervous how he would deal with the issues curve balls to his normal procedures but no issues etc. everything went smooth. I don't know why I never looked him up on face book but his shop has a page and you can see some of his work. It says he does gel work. Now that I have used him and if I had known I would have had him fix some scratches while he had the boat. Sorry I never learned how to attach pictures. Looks factory. If you can't tell I am a happy customer. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Imracin68j said:

tell him BTUFF sent you.

I did mention that when I called him.  I'm not sure whether he still applied the discount and price that he gave me (100 for smaller pieces 150 for larger) but either way he is DAMN awesome.

Gabe told me on the phone the other day that he is busy but he welcomes it no problem.  He can throttle back or queue if need be.  

On 25/01/2018 at 6:14 AM, hawaiianstyln said:

guess I should add his contact for newcomers that haven't see past threads on Gabe

Gabrial's Custom Marine

3020 Apron Ave

Atwater CA 95301

(209) 564-6203

Street address & phone number is OK.

Being from Down under in a different time zone (and ski season, sorry guys😏) Is there another method of contact such as email?

Tried sending a message thru  messenger back on December 22 with no reply.

Was hoping he had patterns as to send a skin over would not be viable & haven't had any luck tracking down the same material down under.

that I am unsure of.  I can try and call him today as to get an update on my skins and ask him if has an email address or would ship to Australia.  I'm sure he would have no issues with it.

17 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

that I am unsure of.  I can try and call him today as to get an update on my skins and ask him if has an email address or would ship to Australia.  I'm sure he would have no issues with it.

Will be interested to see how you go as I checked the message I sent again on Dec 22nd thru Gabe's FB page & noticed it was seen the same day.

Not sure if he is not interested in shipping work to Australia or just swamped & overlooked the message with the Xmas rush. Either way, when talking to him, can you please ask if he can make a skin from a HIN number & ship to Ormeau 4208, Brisbane Australia.

Spotters base seat skin is all I am chasing, although I would be tempted to get both ski rear locker lid skins the same time in one shipment

Happy to pay prior to shipping, look forward to hearing how you go.

• 1 year later...

did you ever get that video how to properly steam the seats from gabe? ill be ordering my skins from him soon and youre saying that the skins come with his foam ?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:58 PM, adam911 said:

did you ever get that video how to properly steam the seats from gabe? ill be ordering my skins from him soon and youre saying that the skins come with his foam ?

a little late response but keep your foam.  The local upholstery shop in Michigan steamed my foam and brought it all back to new.  If you didn't keep your foam, any upholstery shop can match it, just need to know how thick it should be (or was).