Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how to build a manual wedge ?

greenbay

hallo crew !

Do anybody have a sketch on how to build a manual wedge with the right measures ? 

the base is on the the boat and the wedge is missing :/  i saw on google that people built by them self and working very good ,

did anyone from the crew build one to give me some tips ?

This thread might help you , although all the embedded pics were ruined by photobucket. You could probably contact the OP for details

Or you could just buy a replacement wedge foil from bakes or something 

Edited by svnfightsvn

For sure its a manual wedge? I bought a floating wedge off a crew member that I never used, I dont have the bracket though, and I dont plan on using it. I would sell it.

Edited by Choiceind
9 minutes ago, Choiceind said:

For sure its a manual wedge? I bought a floating wedge off a crew member that I never used, I dont have the bracket though, and I dont plan on using it. I would sell it.

Sund cool, send me some photos to se if it could fit on my boat . thanks

If your bracket is chrome (actually its polished stainless) this would be what you need. The floating wedge is actually safer and better, if you hit something it flips up and doesnt rip a hole in your transom, and it actually stays in its optimal position when deployed and foil is welded on to support arms. The bracket is still available too. The old style wedge, the foil is screwed to the support arms, and the screws sometime break off on one arm, and bends the other. There was a updated one that has 3 screws per support arm.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85761