Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

18 LSV 23 review


Recommended Posts

Anyone with a 2018 LSV have any thoughts on this video from Boating World?  With that top speed and 0-25 sec time do you think that has the high altitude prop or the standard?

 

 

Link to comment

Edit: sorry I went back and read your post and my response has nothing really to do with your question.but the video tells me nothing even if I did own a 18 23. 

Get out and demo one and find out for yourself. And with a 5k dry weight Boat who cares what the top speed is, 

 

Meh, I kinda wish there wasn’t a Malibu rep in the video. Felt the boating world guy led the conversation and the other guy just dropped in with “yeah we redesigned it and gave it more styling” 

publications always struggle with impartiality because their livelihood depends on AD revenue and with the the major boat manufacturers probably being the source for a large % of that revenue there isn’t much beef in these videos.

i think that’s why we all gravitate to the forum model where we can argue amongst ourselves.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3
Link to comment

"Awesome.....ummmmm.........ummmmm.....awesome......ummmmmm". 

Can't stand listening to someone talk like that. You are a Rep for the company, practice what you are saying before you say it. Adding the "ummm" as a filler word really makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about. 

As for the info in the video, it has to have the torque prop on it, 36mph seems slow for top speed. 

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, gorilla said:

"Awesome.....ummmmm.........ummmmm.....awesome......ummmmmm". 

Can't stand listening to someone talk like that. You are a Rep for the company, practice what you are saying before you say it. Adding the "ummm" as a filler word really makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about. 

As for the info in the video, it has to have the torque prop on it, 36mph seems slow for top speed. 

I agree. Probably torque prop. My 2017 with the 410hp motor would only hit about 35mph with a torque prop, but with the 2277 it will get close to 42 mph with just me and a friend in the boat. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, gorilla said:

"Awesome.....ummmmm.........ummmmm.....awesome......ummmmmm". 

Can't stand listening to someone talk like that. You are a Rep for the company, practice what you are saying before you say it. Adding the "ummm" as a filler word really makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about. 

As for the info in the video, it has to have the torque prop on it, 36mph seems slow for top speed. 

I totally agree!  The Malibu guy didn't help the video and could have done a much better job at highlighting the key features.  I agree it has to be the torque prop as I expected close to 40 with the standard prop.

54 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I agree. Probably torque prop. My 2017 with the 410hp motor would only hit about 35mph with a torque prop, but with the 2277 it will get close to 42 mph with just me and a friend in the boat. 

Thanks for the info...that's more what I was expecting with the 2277.

3 hours ago, Stevo said:

Edit: sorry I went back and read your post and my response has nothing really to do with your question.but the video tells me nothing even if I did own a 18 23. 

Get out and demo one and find out for yourself. And with a 5k dry weight Boat who cares what the top speed is, 

I do care some about top speed as I do like to ski!  I would also love to demo one but winter is not helping and I'm close to ordering one.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...