Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer renovation rubber tread step thingy

smeagol

I'm renovating my trailer and the rubber pads that make it safe to step on the fenders etc. are looking pretty gnarly. The adhesive is giving way in places and the rubber is dry-rotting and dirty. I'm thinking about replacing, but I can't seem to figure out what they are called so that I can find something.  I'm open to different materials whether it is metal diamond pattern, or rubber.  Is Seadek or something similar a possibility?

What do you call it?  Where can I find it?

Thanks for those links.  I feel like I'm getting closer. On boatmateparts and bakesonline, there are not enough options/sizes to fit my particular needs.  In fact, none of the sizes fit my 2005 trailer exactly.  So, I may need to buy a sheet of material and cut it down to fit.  I found that Seadek.com has a sheet with enough material for $150, but I'm worried that at 5mm thick and me cutting it, it will end up looking like a hack job since I don't know that I can do nice beveled edges and rounded corners.  Has anyone come across a thinner rubber material with texture that might work?  Other ideas?

Thanks

I've done Gator Grip & Hydroturf step pads on trailers in the past.... cut by hand, no beveled edges, and they looked great initially. Unfortunately they didn't last. Maybe 2 or 3 years. I'm sure the sun & water isn't the only reason, but stepping on them with shoes on too.

I have 5 bar diamond plate step pads on my own trailer. They look great, never had a problem with temp on them, even with bare feet.