Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Auto-fill ballasts?

Does anyone else experience their tanks filling after draining them? I have, I don't think much gets back in, but it's enough to make the ballast pumps run for another 5 seconds or so... I searched, but had no luck. Am I alone? Is this to be expected?

It's kind of sad/ironic, this was the last thing that I got around to fixing on my SAN before it was murdered. :(

-Richard

PS: I learned what happens when you leave the center plug out, even after writing a note and sticking them to the keys I STILL managed to forget, until I realized "hey the bilge pump light is on, why is it on?" I then proceeded to open the center access door and it sprayed water all over the inside of my boat. At that point I remembered what I did wrong and put the plug back in... DOH. Innocent.gif

Does anyone else experience their tanks filling after draining them? I have, I don't think much gets back in, but it's enough to make the ballast pumps run for another 5 seconds or so... I searched, but had no luck. Am I alone? Is this to be expected?

It's kind of sad/ironic, this was the last thing that I got around to fixing on my SAN before it was murdered. :(

-Richard

PS: I learned what happens when you leave the center plug out, even after writing a note and sticking them to the keys I STILL managed to forget, until I realized "hey the bilge pump light is on, why is it on?" I then proceeded to open the center access door and it sprayed water all over the inside of my boat. At that point I remembered what I did wrong and put the plug back in... DOH. Innocent.gif

I only have this issue with my center ballast. Mine will fill completely. Interestingly enough, it only does this after I have filled it and drained it once. If I haven't filled it, it doesn't self fill and will stay empty all day.

Drill a small hole in the handle of the plug and when you remove it attach it to your key chain. Put the plug on the drivers seat, this is a not as good as it can be moved.

• 10 months later...

i have the same problem on my 05 vride the center ballast tank fills on its own. my dealer put a one way check valve in but there is'nt enough pressure to open the valve. very frustrating!