Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 A24 Ask me anything...

agarabaghi

On 2/6/2018 at 7:49 AM, agarabaghi said:

youll get a nice wake with stock ballast, but trust me all the g waks have extra bags in the back and floor. 

We run about 10-15bags of lead and an 1100 on the floor and its g23 big

Surfed many a G23 sacked out every which way, big and G23 do not go together when comparing to Malibu or Axis wake. The G's wakes are long and steep but lack the height and the NSS surf system is too fast for its own good. Example try timing a transfer trick consistently. Where Big does fit for the Nautique is the price tag and then parts and repairs down the line. 

when people say wake i ASSUME WAKEboard wake not surf wave lol 

dont forget the pcm 410/450 are made by pcm which is owned by nautique =P

The g23 does lack in the surf department in my opinion. 

Edited by agarabaghi
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, alpensurf23 said:

Surfed many a G23 sacked out every which way, big and G23 do not go together when comparing to Malibu or Axis wake. The G's wakes are long and steep but lack the height and the NSS surf system is too fast for its own good. Example try timing a transfer trick consistently. Where Big does fit for the Nautique is the price tag and then parts and repairs down the line. 

That transfer speed is consistent and awesome , full wave formation  in other side in 4 seconds or less.  It’s ridiculously predictable 

i really don’t get that, snd when you  put loads of people (i.e. more ballast like sacking a MALIBU LSV INCLUDING 1000 bow on cushion sack , 550 rears plus lead snd stock tanks ) in the G plus 2800 stock snd the wave is not only tall, it’s long when you put people all over including the bow, and the nose never rises no matter what you have in boat 

i like it when its2800 plus driver and maybe observer , smaller yes but zero hassle to fill operate and empty , and extremely pushy

G23 wave made me better on my a20 wave, g wave definitely improved my surfing after one full season in one 

you guys ever spend a full season in one??  I did 100 hours in one season on one while doing 100 on mine in same season

put 8 to 10 in a G and the wave is a tsunami 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

That transfer speed is consistent and awesome , full wave formation  in other side in 4 seconds or less.  It’s ridiculously predictable 

i really don’t get that, snd when you  put loads of people (i.e. more ballast like sacking a MALIBU LSV INCLUDING 1000 bow on cushion sack , 550 rears plus lead snd stock tanks ) in the G plus 2800 stock snd the wave is not only tall, it’s long when you put people all over including the bow, and the nose never rises no matter what you have in boat 

i like it when its2800 plus driver and maybe observer , smaller yes but zero hassle to fill operate and empty , and extremely pushy

G23 wave made me better on my a20 wave, g wave definitely improved my surfing after one full season in one 

you guys ever spend a full season in one??  I did 100 hours in one season on one while doing 100 on mine in same season

put 8 to 10 in a G and the wave is a tsunami 

Easy @granddaddy55 we are all entitled to our own opinions and yes I have spent many hours on G's my Boat Dealer also sells them.I have friends that own them and I have also surfed them with pros in FL. The remote watch on the G is more difficult than the malibu axis, ever try a 360 transfer having to operate it? We prefer the malibu timed alarm for tricks not just transfers. We also prefer the smooth, clean, curl of the Malibu/Axis wake. I averaged over 150 hrs on my LSV and 150hrs on friends Axis a season the last three years and other boats before that. Sorry not on Nautique bandwagon. How's their blog??? :rofl: Happy Mardi Gras! Laissez les bons temps rouler! :cheers:

Edited by alpensurf23
Because granddaddy55 would want it
  • Like 1

Alright new question: Did you spec zero off on the boat, and if so how does it tow a double up? Are you driving them by hand or does the zero off control the speed well. Over the years depending on the boat I do both, some boats tend to "run away" on you and other you can just sit back and T it up and let the boat do the rest 

zero off is on the boat. you drive a double up like you would any boat with perfect pass.... P shape .... no different. 

Heres a clip of a double up from the T23

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, goatv said:

What is the overall height on trailer?  Any Idea of length with tongue folded.  I cannot find simple information like this on website.  Thanks!

Here you go.  For some reason the link takes you to page 52. Just click one page over and all the info you are looking for is right there.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/1d012323#/1d012323/53

Edited by Wavemaker

We went to boat show to buy T22, but after looking the bow was to small, now looking at skipping the A22 and going for the A24 and being done.  Does anyone know the longevity on the engines and components on these boats.  I wonder how many long term original owners there are.  Our goal is own for long time, but I see most trade in or up.  Dealer seems to think we will do the same but that is not our goal.  We will only be surfing, with family of 4.

the pcm engine in the A24 has been used in a bunch of boats and should easily last you well into the 2000 hours mark.

The new vinyl for 2018 feels more plush than the 2017 and the 2017 is pretty damn nice. so i dont see an isuse with vinyl. 

the simple dash and lack of lcd screens should end up lasting longer than the crazy screen cockpit of the malibus. 

everything else is pretty much the same.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2018 at 11:45 AM, goatv said:

We went to boat show to buy T22, but after looking the bow was to small, now looking at skipping the A22 and going for the A24 and being done.  Does anyone know the longevity on the engines and components on these boats.  I wonder how many long term original owners there are.  Our goal is own for long time, but I see most trade in or up.  Dealer seems to think we will do the same but that is not our goal.  We will only be surfing, with family of 4.

Once the issues with an axis are resolved in the beginning, you and the dealer can almost part ways.  Run enough hours early in the 1st season and you’ll likely discover them all and never look back 

Now that was before pw2 , surfband, etc,  but axis only gets what Malibu has already debugged

ex. The older 1st gen Malibu gate actuators are slow but debugged, that’s the inaugural ‘14 Axis surfgates equipment from ‘13 Malibu’s 

i have a indmar monsoon 330 hp, now how debugged is that combo??

i have no relationship at all with my dealer now and I’m lucky the Supra dealer is a nice guy and an indmar cert mechanic. 

I need him for impeller, fuel filters(that my simple self needs to learn). I just run my axis , clean it, put it away.  For my piece of mind too avoid the shop fir as long as I can , I run non ethanol premium, though I could run less octane at it would adjust

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 7:41 PM, alpensurf23 said:

Why does the bimini when stowed block the new tower light bar???????:dontknow:

By switching the lightbar mounts from one side to other you can rotate the light bar beneath the crossbar with bimini deployed this appears to give enough clearance that if light gets hot should not interfere. Stay tuned...

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg