Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 A24 Ask me anything...

agarabaghi

2018 A24 is at the house now, along with the 17 T23. Ask away if there is anything you want to know.

One thing i noticed that is really nice, the new Axis boat covers are much nicer than the already really nice 17 boat cover =)

• Like 1

nah, no affiliation with a dealer. Few friends of mine are on the Axis team (tony carroll) and another buddy just got the 18 A24 on saturday for the season, so we will be using both boat to film and ride with. 

T23

eepWBtAh.jpg

b8Ogsdnh.jpg

A24 - will get nicer pics this week

LKCbmFgh.jpg

LKCbmFgh.jpg

• Like 3

I really like what they did with the bow, and hopefully that passes down to the rest of the 2018 line up. The fat sac no longer pushed up on the seat when its full, and the 2 batteries are up there in the front right by the wind screen. 

17" prop 450motot. pw2.... lets you run more weight and adjust the lippy ness of the wake. 2017 and prior A24 were good wakes, but 2018 A24 wake i put in a league up there with the big dogs, mxz / g23 / xstar 

I do have one mounted forward by the factory when shipped. After installing the bimini correctly at dealer, we saw when rolled up stowed the light bar is blocked. Ive seen people face them backward but thats like surfing looking into sun I imagine. Might be some adjustment I didn't see. It was a quick unwrap and walk through. 

IMG_0215.jpg

Edited by alpensurf23
Added pic showing bimini blocking light bar
6 hours ago, alpensurf23 said:

I do have one mounted forward by the factory when shipped. After installing the bimini correctly at dealer, we saw when rolled up stowed the light bar is blocked. Ive seen people face them backward but thats like surfing looking into sun I imagine. Might be some adjustment I didn't see. It was a quick unwrap and walk through. 

IMG_0215.jpg

Ahh never seen a light bar facing fwd, why do you need the light bar facing fwd when you have the docking lights?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

use it to surf with... but we dont surf at night, so the light bar seemed like a useless option for us. 

Is that the Law there in FL or just prime gator feeding time? jk , I'm reading posts now that it is a forward facing option. Stoked to figure it out. Like when you buy a new truck with a button that seems to do nothing and when you figure it out it's like christmas!

Edited by alpensurf23

If you need any surfers, ha ha, we really want to go to warm Florida waters , wife is a st Pete teenager  from the 60’s early 70’s , she loves warm south Florida waters and love my buddies 17 a24 he got as a new demo from Tommy’s

thise are both georgious boats 

in 16’ we did a lot of night surfing , illegal , but friend had lift on an industrial canal area between river locks and marsh and authorities never came to industrial part at night , what a fun summer

the basic led 4 bulb  tower lights backwards is enough, is this thing a spot or a broad light, if broad you want it bright, cause under platform is never enough

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

@granddaddy55 , I spoke with a friend who said the light bar option, I don't remember checking, but i did, oops :Doh:. Is meant to go either forward or backward, They don't sell many because the laws pertaining to night use. Im going to face mine backwards as to not blind another captain and use it for a night time tanning / heat lamp.:biggrin: 

Edited by alpensurf23
  • Like 1

For wakeboarding. What is the optimal set up? Do you get a G23/xstar/24mxz status wake right out of the box with stock ballast, pnp and wedge at the 2 spot? I see tony carrol throwing a 1k bag on the floor on insta. 

youll get a nice wake with stock ballast, but trust me all the g waks have extra bags in the back and floor. 

We run about 10-15bags of lead and an 1100 on the floor and its g23 big