Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Titan Spinner Racks

Madmanacrossthewater

Yay! I've been waiting for these to finally come out. If they aren't too too expensive, I will be getting them.

Edit: Did you happen to see how they worked on a tower? Just wondering if they spin all the way into the boat like the tube spinners they have.

Edited by jshap
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, I finally got these on the boat last weekend. I have to say, these racks are pretty nifty. Very solid (except a squeak in one that I'm trying to pin down), and UBER convenient with a lift.

The boards do swing all the way into the boat, so much so that there is more clearance than with fixed racks. I have them on the lower mounting holes and they don't come anywhere near the speaker cans on the inside. For those of you with lifts, this will make your life much easier getting in and out. One button, pull in, one button, pull out. No more taking boards up and down just to park your boat. I'm not a huge fan of the one piece bungie. I'm going to snap myself in the face eventually, but I can live with it. You also have to be more careful with people standing up and whacking their heads on sharp board ends, but again, I can live with it.

Overall, I give these racks a solid A for quality, design and convenience. The bungie knocks it down from an A+. I suppose I'll get used to the mechanics of the bungie, but until then, not a fan.

I've got a set on my '07 23LSV. When I was buying my boat, I asked the dealer about the racks that work well with the Illusion tower and he said everyone who gets the Titan spinner racks, loves em. These things are great! He was spot on. They are a lot more expensive than the standard fixed racks but IMHO, well worth it. Now if I can just keep my rope out of them when picking up my boarder. These are rock solid and smooth. I wish my dealer would have been more straight forward about the Rockford Foscrap speakers and amps. They are getting ripped out this week.

I'm scared to ask... what did they cost?

They look incredible.

I think MSRP is around $699 each. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to pay for them, just that it will be somewhat below MSRP. They are expensive for sure, but so far, worth the convenience.

Edit: BTW, they are a local dealer item, so you won't find these at Wakeside or any other online retailer (per Titan).

Edited by jshap
Well, I finally got these on the boat last weekend. I have to say, these racks are pretty nifty. Very solid (except a squeak in one that I'm trying to pin down), and UBER convenient with a lift.

The boards do swing all the way into the boat, so much so that there is more clearance than with fixed racks. I have them on the lower mounting holes and they don't come anywhere near the speaker cans on the inside. For those of you with lifts, this will make your life much easier getting in and out. One button, pull in, one button, pull out. No more taking boards up and down just to park your boat. I'm not a huge fan of the one piece bungie. I'm going to snap myself in the face eventually, but I can live with it. You also have to be more careful with people standing up and whacking their heads on sharp board ends, but again, I can live with it.

Overall, I give these racks a solid A for quality, design and convenience. The bungie knocks it down from an A+. I suppose I'll get used to the mechanics of the bungie, but until then, not a fan.

As long as you're not the one whacking your head. :)

The boards do swing all the way into the boat, so much so that there is more clearance than with fixed racks. I have them on the lower mounting holes and they don't come anywhere near the speaker cans on the inside. For those of you with lifts, this will make your life much easier getting in and out. One button, pull in, one button, push out. No more taking boards up and down just to park your boat. I'm not a huge fan of the one piece bungie. I'm going to snap myself in the face eventually, but I can live with it. You also have to be more careful with people standing up and whacking their heads on sharp board ends, but again, I can live with it.

As long as you're not the one whacking your head. :)

Hehe...true. The boards sit about a foot behind where I stand up from the driver seat, so I'm golden Biggrin.gif

You can purchase just the clamp @ wakeside. This is if you have the Titan tower. Save some $$$ and just get the clamps: Picture attached.

post-3779-1184887623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibu Stew