Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Saddle Brown Interior - yes or no

SCMike

9 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

New vinyl doesn’t get nearly as hot as the old stuff. That’s how they can do darker colors now. 

Good to know. 

To those talking about resale, I agree; however malibu is only trying to impress the first buyer :lol:

The white paint imo looks better.  I still hear the screams of anyone who touches black gelcoat on a warm sunny day and can't get onboard with it.

Edited by Pra4sno
10 hours ago, Pra4sno said:

Good to know. 

To those talking about resale, I agree; however malibu is only trying to impress the first buyer :lol:

The white paint imo looks better.  I still hear the screams of anyone who touches black gelcoat on a warm sunny day and can't get onboard with it.

I have all black gel and no issues with heat and i have young kids. I'd do it again. 

I ordered all Light graphite with White accents this time around.  My wife didn’t want to get charcol accents because she said they were too hot on our last boat.  I never thought they were, but I also don’t wear a skimpy bikini like she does.  I’m just stoked she let me buy another boat only a year after buying our first.  If she would have wanted pink or purple, I probably wound not have put up a fight.  Haha!

I wish I can find the picture but 2 Years aho when peanut butter brown was becoming popular wizard lake had a real and brown interior, it was so so different, I amost liked it. 

It really takes the right level of brown and gel to accent it correctly. Personally I like Malibu’s in greys and blues, not brown. Where as centurion or Nautique it’s ok... 

Edit. Found it

Edited by Cole2001

On 1/19/2018 at 11:04 PM, NWBU said:

Personally not a fan but I’m told the overwhelming majority at the boat show loved this one.

I really like the feel and texture of the vinyl they use for it though and hope it’s incorporated into the other standard colors soon. 

A94ECA75-ACF5-4B86-98DA-84EE946F0219.jpeg

DFE04179-E7CD-4BC4-A614-B3ED5A2CE5FD.png

That crooked a$$ arm rest bothers me way more than the vinyl colors...???

It may be a short lived fad that everyone loves unless you're not a TMC member, but I personally think it would look really good with more black accents.  I also believe the idea that "black gets too hot" being BS.  Does black get hotter?  Probably, but intolerably hot is too hot and even white vinyl will get too hot to tolerate.  Same deal with with grey vs. black covers but I digress...

13 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

I wish I can find the picture but 2 Years aho when peanut butter brown was becoming popular wizard lake had a real and brown interior, it was so so different, I amost liked it. 

It really takes the right level of brown and gel to accent it correctly. Personally I like Malibu’s in greys and blues, not brown. Where as centurion or Nautique it’s ok... 

Edit. Found it

Wow - teal and brown.

It reminds me of the brownish leather that Audi and others have in their cars. That doesn't look bad. But there is just way too much real estate in a boat to have it all brown like that, and it doesn't have that character of leather. I think they are just copying the auto industry.

"Hey, baby, wanna go for a ride in my big jar of Skippy-bu?"

2 minutes ago, Falko said:

It reminds me of the brownish leather that Audi and others have in their cars. That doesn't look bad. But there is just way too much real estate in a boat to have it all brown like that, and it doesn't have that character of leather. I think they are just copying the auto industry.

"Hey, baby, wanna go for a ride in my big jar of Skippy-bu?"

Looks like the inside of a grand Cherokee with the upgraded interior.  Looks fine in a truck, looks funny to me in a boat.

Is "saddle brown" the official color name?  In boat builder I can only find a Driftwood or a Mocha Brown that even come close to looking like that color in the above pictures--and they don't look like a match.  I'm guessing this is a new option not available on boat builder or mentioned in the 2018 catalog???  

23 minutes ago, Cory said:

Is "saddle brown" the official color name?  In boat builder I can only find a Driftwood or a Mocha Brown that even come close to looking like that color in the above pictures--and they don't look like a match.  I'm guessing this is a new option not available on boat builder or mentioned in the 2018 catalog???  

2DA406BD-097C-4074-B1D2-149D8DD70BD1.png

6B8A0093-90AA-4217-AB7C-8BA2A97E8096.png

The reason I would never get that color is when in the sun it will get HOT. I have off white and it gets crazy hot cant even imagine with that color. Even with a Bimni any area that gets exposed to the sun will burn 

ahopkins22LSV
28 minutes ago, noquams said:

The reason I would never get that color is when in the sun it will get HOT. I have off white and it gets crazy hot cant even imagine with that color. Even with a Bimni any area that gets exposed to the sun will burn 

The material used in the 2017 and 2018 vinyl is completely different than in your 2012. It does not get nearly as hot. 

Mods, we need a banner or something across the top of the site stating this. :lol: 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, noquams said:

The material used in the 2017 and 2018 vinyl is completely different than in your 2012. It does not get nearly as hot. 

Mods, we need a banner or something across the top of the site stating this. :lol: 

EDIT: It is even the first post of this page!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
2 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I think that color is a huge mistake to put in your boat.   

Don’t worry, Bro. I would never order that ish. Not a fan at all. I just happened to have those pics from my dealer so I posted to answer Cory’s question regarding the name. 

57 minutes ago, Cory said:

I like the saddle color, but in moderation.  I'd probably use it as a significant accent color, but probably not the main upholstery color.  

I agree with you.  Once its in the boat builder, people be able to play around with it and find a good balance.  

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Don’t worry, Bro. I would never order that ish. Not a fan at all. I just happened to have those pics from my dealer so I posted to answer Cory’s question regarding the name. 

Oh I knew you wouldn’t make that kind of mistake. 

My comment was for the rest of the clowns thinking about it. 

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • Like 2

Right now it’s the new in thing so if you’re the buyer who flips them every year. Getting in and out of it might not be hard. But keeping it for 10 years the brown might become kinda old school.