Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Saddle Brown Interior - yes or no

SCMike

With boat show season in full stride, I’ve been seeing a lot of pics of the new saddle brown interior.  I really love it on Natiques, but I’m a bit on the fence on Malibu’s.  I’m thinking it may have a limited life span.  It’s super trendy now, but will this color stand the test of time?  It’s not yet on the boat builder, not sure if it will be for 2018.  My dealer tells me it’s a $2000 add on option for 2018.  I’m heading to the LA boat show tomorrow and will see the white one below in person. Maybe that will convince me one way or the other.  Either way, my boat sprays this Monday so I’m too late for any changes to the order.  Just curious to see what others think of saddle brown on Malibu’s. I

CE9F644F-152E-4F42-8C93-ACDC40ACF49A.jpeg

88931D52-EEFC-4B04-9C90-1B819D2CE473.png

771658D1-E0D6-46A9-A7DD-1F67E6EFEC24.jpeg

F639359A-298D-43FC-B63F-D8CA3BBA7628.jpeg

Personally not a fan but I’m told the overwhelming majority at the boat show loved this one.

I really like the feel and texture of the vinyl they use for it though and hope it’s incorporated into the other standard colors soon. 

A94ECA75-ACF5-4B86-98DA-84EE946F0219.jpeg

DFE04179-E7CD-4BC4-A614-B3ED5A2CE5FD.png

I tried to go all white boat and brown interior but my wife wouldn’t go for it. I hadn’t heard there was a charge for it though. After seeing pics, I do think it looks better on nautique sand I’m glad I went dark (charcoal) instead. 

I remember when selling my old boat that one comment was looks like poop,  can’t argue but interior all the same color is always a stretch in a boat - no matter which one.  Some brands won’t even offer/allow it.  Mix this up with some black and you have a winner IMO

Ugly. I bet everyone will be holding their nose and making fun of it in 5 yrs.

i had a 1970 Buick skylark convertible with “baby poop Brown” interior. Everyone complimented me on the car, but teased me about the terrible interior. Same will happen here. My $.02

• Like 3
15 hours ago, NWBU said:

Personally not a fan but I’m told the overwhelming majority at the boat show loved this one.

I really like the feel and texture of the vinyl they use for it though and hope it’s incorporated into the other standard colors soon. 

A94ECA75-ACF5-4B86-98DA-84EE946F0219.jpeg

DFE04179-E7CD-4BC4-A614-B3ED5A2CE5FD.png

I personally think this looks dope

This scheme must be called the malibu griddle.  

I already hear the screams of people out boating on a nice, hot, sunny day as they touch that paint or try to sit down in a swimsuit.

ahopkins22LSV

This is the saddle brown white combo I was talking about. I like that better then with black. This is on a vlx so it’s still 3 piece construction and has carpet on the seat base but I think it would look really good on a ghost LSV. 

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, Pra4sno said:

This scheme must be called the malibu griddle.  

I already hear the screams of people out boating on a nice, hot, sunny day as they touch that paint or try to sit down in a swimsuit.

New vinyl doesn’t get nearly as hot as the old stuff. That’s how they can do darker colors now. 

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

This is the saddle brown white combo I was talking about. I like that better then with black. This is on a vlx so it’s still 3 piece construction and has carpet on the seat base but I think it would look really good on a ghost LSV. 

Saw that one at the show, ick.  But people must like brown interiors this week there were plenty of them there. 

I think it looks great, but I do agree that it could impact resale down the line (say 5+ years out?).  I probably would've thought that the 80s teal-purple rainbow interiors looked dope at the time too.

• Like 2

I just got back from the LA boat show and was able to spend some time in an LSV with the saddle brown interior.  I will say, it was certainly a head turner, and I overheard many of the ladies at the show saying how much they liked it.  I liked it, but after seeing it in person, I would not opt for it myself.  I did like the texture/feel of it though.  It looked and felt like real leather.