Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Snapless Bow Cover

JeffK

Snapless Bow Cover  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have strong interest in?

• On the Water Bow cover
    • Trailerable bow cover/rock guard
    • Both

Hey Crew,

I am speaking with someone on a concept bow cover that would use the bow eye and cleats/something else as attachment points.  I told them I would gauge interest here in something like that.  If this is something you would consider, please chime in.  My original thought is not a road/trailering cover, but an "extend the season" bow cover for on the water, but it might be easier to consider both

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I like the on the water cover idea. Just make sure it doesn't damage the gel coat from flapping in the wind like a boat cover could do.

I can promise you with this guy, that won't be an issue.

I had a snap on bow cover on my last boat. I can’t remember ever having a need/use for it and would not spend money on one for my new boat. For rock protection I will most likely go with rock tamers but would entertain a rock guard if it was priced right and not a huge pain to put on. 

Edited by Pnwrider

On the water would be handy,  for the same reason Nitrousbird mentioned. But I'd like to see pics of the finished product, for fitment and esthetics. I'm kinda OCD that way with the BU. And it may block my Reg Nums on the bow.

I'd presume they would be a custom fit on hull type. 

Edited by Dare2goBare

I'd love to see what he comes up with. Seems like the gap between the two or three attachment points is way too big for it not to flap in the wind.

Here's a couple that I have saved....not that I'm sold on either one, but they're definitely out of the box.

37155776922_bfccece549_b.jpg

37155777152_9543423ecb_b.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I’m more interested in a bow cover to protect while towing. I was planning to talk with some of the canvas shops at the LA boat show tomorrow to see how much they would make one for me.

Here are a few pics of what the nautique guys are doing.

E4BF1162-59D6-459A-A928-ECB36E27BB4E.jpeg

CF964720-80A9-47FA-AD92-FCC2CB1B6D22.jpeg

As a lakeside resident in a region that sees a real winter, the boat is parked on a lift for several months my interest would be a bow cover.  I use mine spring / fall and remove it to wipe down the boat on the lift from the bow.  Snap-less certainly would look nice if functional, easy to store and quick/easy to install & remove.  The bow blocker serves perfectly well for that application other than not a bow dipper solution. 

Mine would be 90% travel. I hate having to scrub dirt and road grime out of my front seats. I have thought of a piece of HDPE that is heat molded to the rub rail and uses cleats for the pull point then have the cover sewn to that.