Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Ballast Bags vs FlyHigh Ballast Bags

snowyzoo

Does anyone have any experience with the Wakemakers bags compared to the FlyHigh bags?  Wakemakers says they measure the compartment with a laser so it is very accurate and they only offer 580lb bags for a 2018 24 MXZ as this is max compacity for the compartment.  FlyHigh has a 570lb and 650lb option.  I had 750lb FlyHigh bags in my 2017 23 LSV and it did seem like they could not maintain themselves completely full as the water level can go higher than the vent line, but I still fell like it was holding more weight than the 650lb bags would.  Let me know your thoughts.

Are you looking to compare the build quality or are you looking to compare a custom wakemakers sac to a standard off the shelf fly high sac? No comparison with a custom/boat specific sac when you are controlling the size, shape, port location and number of ports. 

Not 100% certain but I believe the WM bags have true 1” ports where the fly high still has 3/4”.  This is something I am very interested in as I have a build slot for a 24 MXZ as well.  I believe the fly high offerings are also “customized” for the malibu plug and play system and compartment size. I noticed the other day they offered the two sizes and curious where the differences are (suspect taller) but have not had a chance to check into it yet. 

Edited by lerch
Spelling
  • Like 1

Yes, fly high sac fittings are .75" threads and the WM are 1" thread. Does make a little difference with aerator pumps, but not so much with impeller pumps. I would put thread port size down my list of concerns.   

Thanks for the information guys.  I think the build quality is probably similar but want to make sure I maximize my weight but don't want to buy 650's if they don't make a difference.