Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat camping.

Gavin17

Because it’s a Shopify store it’s likely someone just reselling the product. Meaning you can most likely find it elsewhere for half the price. 

Definitely unfortunate if it has a leak.... 

It's expensive but we rent airbnb on the water several times per year so eventually there would be a break even point. Hopefully before it developed a leak. Looks like it uses multiple chambers, like the titanic, so it would need multiple leaks to sink. 

Ever since we bought the BU my wife and I wanted to camp in it. We were going to cut big holes in the original cover and sew in mosquito netting but we had a baby and that plan got put on hold. 

The ability to make a last minute trip without needing to find or pay for lodging somewhere sounds nice. Cumberland and Barkley lake are both huge and have tons of coves we could the this up in with no traffic. 

I think I'd just anchor the boat and tie this next to the swim platform. 

1 hour ago, Gavin17 said:

It's expensive but we rent airbnb on the water several times per year so eventually there would be a break even point. Hopefully before it developed a leak. Looks like it uses multiple chambers, like the titanic, so it would need multiple leaks to sink. 

Ever since we bought the BU my wife and I wanted to camp in it. We were going to cut big holes in the original cover and sew in mosquito netting but we had a baby and that plan got put on hold. 

The ability to make a last minute trip without needing to find or pay for lodging somewhere sounds nice. Cumberland and Barkley lake are both huge and have tons of coves we could the this up in with no traffic. 

I think I'd just anchor the boat and tie this next to the swim platform. 

We have done primitive camping on Cumberland many times.  You don't need a floating tent or to cut up your cover.  There are several nice islands and points near Beaver and Otter Creek that I have stayed on in the past.  Take some firewood and a tent and you are all set.

Ha! "Stands up in high winds" Can you imagine sleeping in that thing if the wind came up. I have tent camped on shore when the wind come up and it was quite a night. Add the crashing waves and rocking tent and it would be real adventure. 

I have to say no fargging way.  I have nightmares where I wake up freaking out thinking that my house is flooding ..up to the level of my bed..I would prolly wake up. thrash around and capsize it then get tangled up in the tent and drown. terra firma for me.

I could get a custom cover for that money and I may but getting the sleeping stuff out of the boat for the next days riding sounds nice too. If we slept in the boat i guess we'd just put our sleeping bags back in the truck each day.   

Those are cool but idk about $1500. A couple of tarps over the tower in a vlx and you have a good tent. Don't ask me how I know. I hear 3 people can sleep comfortably in one. 

21 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

Those are nice looking bass boats; or out here in W WA they would be great salmon boats on Puget Sound.

Seriously? Go talk to Mark at SkiMasters at the north end of Lake WA. They make full canvas on ski boats all the time. 2 of the 3 boat pics above are in western WA! And the 3rd is in Portland. Lol.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
23 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Sounds like fun to me. But for $1500 bucks I'd put the money into a full canopy for the boat. Comfortable camping & a lot more flexibility on the boat.

37155773692_c402dcd886.jpg

37155756872_bafc2f40a4_k.jpg

37138009096_9157b8650e_b.jpg

Those snaps though....:no::unsure:

Just now, Raimie said:

Those snaps though....:no::unsure:

I know. Definitely the biggest reason I haven't had a bow cover made on mine yet.  I walked away from more than 1 boat deal because of those snaps.

1 hour ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

I know. Definitely the biggest reason I haven't had a bow cover made on mine yet.  I walked away from more than 1 boat deal because of those snaps.

You can get rid of them so if you like the boat otherwise and have a day to work on it..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JeffK said:

I would do a bow cover if they had one that hit the bow eye and used the cleats to pull it back

I wouldn't even have to go back that far.....just to the front tower feet.

I guess we need to get working on this.