Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FAE Install Question

kodyind

The exhaust tips aren't hard to remove but they do take some time and patience.  I removed mine by taking a 4-5 foot long 2x2 and inserting it in the exhaust pipe.  Then I applied pressure on it being careful not to bend the pipe.  Just steady pressure in different directions until the sealant broke loose.  I didn't force it and just took my time.  Other members may have a better idea but that's how I removed mine.

The power wedge is not a problem for the FAE.  It fits around it rather nicely.

20170930_163638.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have to remove the hoses from inside, use a radiator hose pick.

I found on my RLXI, using a a block of timber I was able to tap them out from the inside. Not sure how access is in a V drive, but you will have to get the hoses of at some stage.

After reading the directions from FAE and removing the muffler with a replacement I chickened out and had the dealer install. It doesn’t look to difficult but I am definitely not a mechanic.  It was 2 hours labor for them and a great deal of piece of mind for me. 2016 25 LSV. 

4D9B680D-5E00-4060-9126-A59E3197C2B1.jpeg

5E1D9F2C-2B4A-465B-90B3-17D18D04D86D.jpeg

Edited by Dfowkes

About $600 for FAE depends on the options you choose. Such as blended welds.  I’m not sure how much OEM surf pipe is. I would wager the most cost effective way is to order during build process. 

14 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

What was the price difference vs. doing the OEM surf pipe?  One thing that drives me nuts about my FAE is the lack of mandrel bends, which the surf pipe has.

Or the fact that FAE's welds are absolute s***.