Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Leaking Trans on 2000 RLX

So I have a slight transmission leak on my 2000 Response LX.  Has anyone on here pulled the transmission to repair a leak?  Do I need to remove the entire engine?  Can I just remove the transmission from the back without removing the engine?

moving prop shaft aft creates the a bit of room but not enough to pull trans.

scribe all motor mounts so you can put them back where they were.

loosen front motor mounts.  block under trans then remove rear motor mounts.

i had to remove trans cooler lines, fuel pump and a few ancillary items prior to rotating engine and transmission around the front motor mount.

i used a very short lifting sling on the trans tail+stock and a floor jack positioned above a protected hds.

1 hour ago, tvano said:

moving prop shaft aft creates the a bit of room but not enough to pull trans.

scribe all motor mounts so you can put them back where they were.

loosen front motor mounts.  block under trans then remove rear motor mounts.

i had to remove trans cooler lines, fuel pump and a few ancillary items prior to rotating engine and transmission around the front motor mount.

i used a very short lifting sling on the trans tail+stock and a floor jack positioned above a protected hds.

I’m unsure what you mean by “rotating engine around front motor mounts”?  

There are two front motor mounts, so I’m unsure how any rotations would happen around two fixed points.

• 3 months later...