Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

talking colors


Monkeybutt

Recommended Posts

Uggh.  When you look at the interior, you see brown, gray carpet, red, blue, red metal flake and red tower which is not exactly the same color as the vinyl, and a splash of black here and there.  That is just gross.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Honestly when I saw this today I had to take pics ... fugly as hell ...

story supposedly is that a guy ordered it (notice that it is a 2017 23LSV) and eventually backed out.  Now whoever is going to buy this boat will get a helluva deal but will also be the laughing stock forever ...

Only at #Minnesota Inboards  :clap:

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

The color scheme only a mother can love. 

Funny thing is they’ll probably sell it this weekend. 

Someone came to the show specifically to see that boat in person.  Don't know any more details then that but I would not be surprised if it's sold this weekend either. 

Link to comment

And just realized - the interior is 2017 but the back isn’t ... cup holders outside - walkthrough step ... but carpeted inside - old glove box ... you for sure get one of a kind ...

And what was said in another thread there’s a lid for every garbage can?!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Monkeybutt said:

And just realized - the interior is 2017 but the back isn’t ... cup holders outside - walkthrough step ... but carpeted inside - old glove box ... you for sure get one of a kind ...

And what was said in another thread there’s a lid for every garbage can?!

That’s all standard... has been since 2016. It is one of the 3 models that haven’t been upgraded to the new two piece build method. Search any 2016-18 25lsv on only inboards....

And for the gel colors, they aren’t bad at all. Not my personal choice for a boat but I’m sure they will look good in person and on the water. 

The interior is what gets me though.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Cipro said:

Anyone have any pics of the M235 at the Minnesota show, black and seafoam I think....

you could likely find a picture on their website.  Honestly I thought that 90% of the whaleboats at the show were just awful colors.  Either gaudy or poop colored.  

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

you could likely find a picture on their website.  Honestly I thought that 90% of the whaleboats at the show were just awful colors.  Either gaudy or poop colored.  

My exp is exactly the opposite, the don’t post many pictures so people will come to the shows... 😉

3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

you could likely find a picture on their website.  Honestly I thought that 90% of the whaleboats at the show were just awful colors.  Either gaudy or poop colored.  

 

Link to comment

I'm a big fan of the Red, White and Blue theme but not that combo.  Here is the 2018 LSV I have on order which I think looks alot better than that!  In person this combo looks a lot more tame than photos

 

Wakesetter Sun Side.JPG

Wakesetter Top View.JPG

Edited by shenard
z
  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, shenard said:

I'm a big fan of the Red, White and Blue theme but not that combo.  Here is the 2018 LSV I have on order which I think looks alot better than that!  In person this combo looks a lot more tame than photos

 

Wakesetter Sun Side.JPG

Wakesetter Top View.JPG

 

This boat is reasonable. It is not one I would choose, but I don't look at it asking if the owner is color blind or spent a lot of time in a dark alley injecting whatever he could find.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Cipro said:

Ok back to drawing board...that seafoam ...meh...

Doing saddle interior for sure. black bead ....

didn't take a picture of the M235 but the seafoam/teal color is actually really nice.  I wanted to get this on my new boat but manufacturer isn't offering this type of color (or the cherry wine red) and isn't willing to do one off run ...  I think they have another 23LSV in the full color scheme with the teal in stock/demo but it wasn't on display

Link to comment
16 hours ago, Monkeybutt said:

Honestly when I saw this today I had to take pics ... fugly as hell ...

story supposedly is that a guy ordered it (notice that it is a 2017 23LSV) and eventually backed out.  Now whoever is going to buy this boat will get a helluva deal but will also be the laughing stock forever ...

Only at #Minnesota Inboards  :clap:

25 LSV

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Raimie said:

Probably worth it for MN inboards to re skin it and then sell it. That interior is awful.

I think you’re onto something. Perhaps a cheaper solution might be to rip out the brown sea deck and replace it with gray to tie in the carpet that can’t be removed. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...