Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Illusion X tower

Woodsprinter

I have 2004 Malibu VLX with Illusion X tower that has only two holes for two racks. I need more racks mounted on Illusion X tower. I called dealer and they said they don't recommend to drill holes because tower was made of casted aluminium. It will be fatigue if drill.. 2005 Illusion X have 4 holes for 4 racks.. One option for me is to replace 2004 Illusion to 2005 Illusion. I am wondering if there is special clamp to mount on my tower (higher)? Any suggestion? Thanks..

Three things:

My 04 has 4 holes as I run four racks

05 boat is wider. IMO the tower for an 05 will not fit and 04, but I have never tried.

If you do get 4 board rakes make sure you get variable angle racks or make sure you order the racks of different angles.

Which boat became wider for 05? The Vride is the same hull as an 04 vlx so the tower will still fit, just have to order the right one.

Honestly, I'd just drill the holes and mount two more racks, why spend 3 grand for two holes? I would also call metcraft and see what they think about drilling holes, or what else they reccomend.

Chris

Three things:

My 04 has 4 holes as I run four racks

05 boat is wider. IMO the tower for an 05 will not fit and 04, but I have never tried.

If you do get 4 board rakes make sure you get variable angle racks or make sure you order the racks of different angles.

04 VLX= SV23

05+ V-ride= SV23

If by any chance you did end up replacing the 2004 tower with a new one, I might be interested in buying the old one from you. We just need to make sure it will fit my 21LSV.