Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Goals for the year

WakeGirl

Goals are great, lets see

1. Get my 3yr old up on a surfboard with me. Ive Been showing her pictures all winter long of other kids with their parents on the board, so she's pretty excited.

2 Just bought a wedge access latch for retrofitting the access door... so I might need a picture or two from the fellow crew.

3. more time on the water with the family, last year was pretty tough with a newborn.

4. Get well into 22 off Innocent.gif

5. Tune and polish my wakesurfing skills..gonna need alot of wax Biggrin.gif

5. Finish my bachlors degree so I can get a job and not spend all day on the computer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• VinRLX

• Slider

• WakeGirl

Well my goal for this year was to wakeboard my butt off.

This goal is moving further and further away......

Another goal, however, is being close to fulfilled. We are currently purchasing a new CNC spinning lathe for the business. I will have to make a few trip to Germany in the next couple of months and then spend 2 weeks in June there for training. Then the machine arrives late June, and then we will have a tech here doing training for another 1-1/2 weeks. Then once its up and running, we have to start programming it, one job at at time. Yikes.

Oh, did I mention, we may have to move the shop before the machine arrives Shocking.gif

I better start selling a lot of cup holders ;)

I am planning on getting more time on the slalom. The problem is that you have to get up before sunrise to get some glass, which means a driver has to get up too. That is the hardest part.

I also want to get on a wakeboard for the first time and get some skill on the SkySki.

Work on getting a bigger surfing wake from the Bu.

Get a real Surprised.gif job...

I'm gonna get more time on the stick this year too.

Gotta get a 360 on the wake surf too.

I can't wakeboard cuz the bindings point the wrong way Wine.gif

One foot off the boom, BF longline, more control and COMFORT while I'm sliding across the water on my bare feet.  Baby.gif

By comfort, do you mean a better Barefooting Suit or what? I am looking for a good compromise between protection and comfort (as in shorts, short suit or long suit.) I am kind of tired of beating my self black and blue during Footing training.

Joe

By comfort I mean just standing there and feeling like I have control. I started to feel more this way last summer, though it was a lousy one for footing on my lake. My goal last summer was to be able to stand up, sit down, stand up, let go without falling--which I was able to do. And a bit of steering as well.

I have a cap sleeve BF suit (Eagle) which has served me well. Really a rookie at this whole thing and no one on my lake to learn from.

As for being black and blue, sounds to me like you need a better driver. . . ;)

Hey Joe, what kind of training are you doing anyway? I just learned a couple years ago, so I'm a newbie. But I haven't been too bruised up. Other than the first time out last spring. . .

After being fairly successful my first year, I watched a video over the winter. Come spring I tried to make myself do what I thought I saw on the tape. Can't remember now if it was 6,8, or 10 attempts, but didn't get up that day. (then went to help my sister-in-law move) After icing my a$$ for two days--and thinking about it a bit--I went back out, skied by feel, and stood up.

Mostly I have been boom training. I can long line, but not deep water start. I sit on a kneeboard until I get enough speed. I can cross the wake. The goal for this is to learn to deep water and 3 pt slide.

I get bruised up because usually I am sliding in my trunks only and perfect glass is hard to find.

Joe

OK, put the two of us together and you got a decent barefooter! I can do front deep off the boom (5' line) without blinking, stand up, sit down, have the boat turn, stand up again. Haven't been longline yet, but did some steering toward the end of last summer.

When you say trunks, do you mean padded shorts? Otherwise. . .Get yourself a BF suit, Joe. I learned without, just to see if I could do it before dropping the cash--but you're already there. I wore a spring wetsuit and vest, stood up off a kneeboard first attempt. Suit ordered soon after Yahoo.gif

When I was 18 I bought a HO Barefooter suit. Somehow I gained about 50 lbs in the last 15 years so it doesn't fit anymore. Driftwood tried to teach me to deep water start at the Cal rent a lake a couple years ago, but it was on Sunday after 3 very full days of skiing and boarding, I was way too tired. I am told that there will be some very good footers at the Nor Cal WOW to learn from so that's my goal. As far as the suit Tracie knows when my birthday is. (hint, hint, hint, etc.)

Joe

You'll walk away successful with that amount of expertise. I'm going to have to move where there are more serious skiers! Beer.gif

Seriously though, fatigued aint the way I'd want to be trying stuff.

Edited by VinRLX
I'm going to have to move where there are more serious skiers!

Yes.gif Going tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Yahoo.gif

If I didn't have Little Leage I would beg to be a 3rd,4th or anything to get a pull in warmer water. Our weather has alternated between snow, rain, and wind for the last week. I will go nuts! Crazy.gifCrazy.gif

Joe

Get my two little girls out on the water this year. Wife was paranoid last year. Oh yea a get to the next Level "Ballast Buddy" I used to be somebody hehe. Oh well its good to have a fresh start.

If I didn't have Little Leage .... weather has alternated between snow, rain, and wind for the last week. I will go nuts!

It rained and snowed here all day today which cancelled Little League Opening Day (was tomorrow) and freed up my schedule for some bouy chasing. Yahoo.gif

Well it's 6:30am here,,,,and clear blue ski and will be 80 again today...............even with all that the Doc still says NO............man this hurts..........Maybe next week