Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Goals for the year

WakeGirl

So what are your goals this year? Are you going to get any new equipment? Learn anything new? Add anything to the boat? Let's hear it.

And I guess I'll go first. I grew up waterskiing but since learning to wakeboard haven't picked up the stick at all. I've made a deal with my older son that if he would learn to slalom this year that I would pick the stick back up. My other goals include:

* Learning to barefoot

* Going wake to wake either toeside or switch, or land a back roll (got to try something new here)

* Getting a Sky Ski & using it lots

* Getting a surfboard & using it lots

* 150 hours on the boat

And overall, having a ton of fun on the water this year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• VinRLX

• Slider

• WakeGirl

I have many lofty goals:

* First and foremost - get out on the boat as much as possible!!

* Land a Tantrum (or any other variation that I can pull-off)

* Land a Raley (copy that - I'll take any variation here)

* Do some more surfing (on the boat OR beach)...

* Entertain lots of family and friends on the water!

Optional:

* Try and/or buy a hydrofoil/skyski/airchair.

1. GET THOSE INVERTS DOWN ON THE SKYSKI!!! I just stared trying gainers the last time out last summer and I'm ready to start practicing again.

2. Get my 5 Y.O. Grandson started on his wakeboard, He says he's ready...??

3. Get the Home Theater finished.

4. Lastly my most important goal is to make it to my 55th BDay... Partytime.gif

Our boating history is a bit short, but we're trying to make up for lost time! Last year the family learned how to stand on a wakeboard, go outside both wakes and surface 180s to/from switch. Then, in September we got our 'bu. This year I want to:

1. Spend lots of time with the family on the 'bu.

2. Teach our daughter to single ski.

3. Watch our daughter pass me on what she can do on the wakeboard.

4. Learned how to single ski last fall and this year I want to learn to really carve it up.

5. Get the last 90 of my surface 360s. I've heard they hurt less than the 270s I do now. Biggrin.gif

6. Wake to wake 180s.

Right now it's getting as much time on the water and getting our jr. to appreciate the water sports we do. Then it'll be consistently improving my slaloming. Maybe I'll even strap on wb, but more likely to get a surf board as it's still fun even in rough water.

I was always taught that the path that I must tread was straight and narrow. For some reason my above mentioned path is uncontrollably curvy and about as wide as a tugboat wake. Cry.gif

Joe

Well, I am a much less experienced wakeboarder tha most here. I normally come along for the ride with WakeAndSno and just try it out for fun. My goal will be to stay up longer and move some more, haha. Biggrin.gif

Well, I am a much less experienced wakeboarder tha most here.  I normally come along for the ride with WakeAndSno and just try it out for fun.  My goal will be to stay up longer and move some more, haha.  Biggrin.gif

That my friend is what it's all about Yahoo.gif

- Break 90 hours by Memorial Day - the 1 year B-day of my Bu 'No Matter What!'

- Look to put 100 more hours on it by Memorial Day 2006!

- Buy some fat sacs so I can really start tearing it up surfing. Found this to be a great diversion when the water gets rough.

*And it really tares up the water once you start surfing. Put a 6" wave of water over the lip of my friends boat the other day. He was at stopped, putting out a boarder and we surfed by - safe distance. He said the second roller flooded him :)

- put a stop valve on the ice chest to the bilge - and insulate the ice chest.

- move the shower valves to the rear starbord locker where they belong

- sharpen up and be more consistent with my grabs

- wake to wake 180's toe and heel (make this consistent)

- wake to wake 360

Notworthy.gif

Ditto!

I'm only at 22 off at 32 so far, so I long ways to go. :(

Well compared to that I'm just learing to slalom. Although that's awsome make sure to have video running when you try to attempt it.

Oh wow,,,,Ronnie at 55, well been there and done that.....Oh yea, I got another grand baby on the way, this one should arrive in October...........

The goals. Really want to get good at the surface tricks, from simply doing ollies, slides of all kinds, and learning to switch with what little I know regular.

Edited by HoustonPerson
Well, I am a much less experienced wakeboarder tha most here.  I normally come along for the ride with WakeAndSno and just try it out for fun.  My goal will be to stay up longer and move some more, haha.  Biggrin.gif

That my friend is what it's all about Yahoo.gif

Rockon.gif

HP,

Well since you brought up the kid thing.. Take a look this little guy ;)

Oh wow,,,,Ronnie at 55, well been there and done that.....Oh yea, I got another grand baby on the way, this one should arrive in October...........

The goals.  Really want to get good at the surface tricks, from simply doing ollies, slides of all kinds, and learning to switch with what little I know regular.