Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hammerhead Phase 5

Bloat

How’s this board for nose diving? The flat ends seem like it would be easy to nose dive. Any input from peeps who have tried this board. Love that it’s a bit shorter for us heavier dudes

Thanks...try to decide between the diamond or hammerhead for my first skim style board...the diamond looks harder to nose dive..but they seem like they would both handle very similar.

28 minutes ago, Bloat said:

Thanks...try to decide between the diamond or hammerhead for my first skim style board...the diamond looks harder to nose dive..but they seem like they would both handle very similar.

Check out this video from Drew:

38 minutes ago, Bloat said:

Great vid...leaning towards hammerhead....but thinking diamond still might be better for newbies on the boat.

Get the hammerhead for yourself and a cheaper board for the newbs.

4 hours ago, Bloat said:

I have both boards, I like the HH more.  To me, the diamond isn’t as responsive. 

You will love the hammerhead. 6-5, 200 I tried the hammerhead and diamond Ltd back to back on multiple days last summer. The diamond is much less responsive. Once you ride it a few times and figure out the edges the hammerhead nose will be a non issue.