Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To add WakeLogic or Not

Sparky450

Happy New Year to all. I am in a dilemna

I have an 07 21 LSV Sunscape with roughly 1000 hrs. I put a new engine in it last year. The engine now has roughly roughly 200 hrs on it. By the end of this year it will have 400-550 hrs on the engine. I have installed 1100's in the rear(no they dont fill all the way) and a 650 Triangle sack in the front seat. All plumbed with 3 reversible pumps, and a spare hose outlet in the cabin for 2-400 when when we have a light crew.  Late 2016 I purchased a WakeLogic system and some stereo equipment to install.

Soon after purchasing the equipment, the wife gave me the go ahead for a new boat, I just had to get some retirement obligations taken care of first. So I decided not to install the WakeLogic or the stereo.(What I was going to do with the stereo would have required cutting a perfectly good boat). I stopped all after market add ons. IE cutting/drilling, so I had a bone stock boat with a new engine. I did not want to take value away from the boat.

Well here we are getting ready to start a new season, city jurisdictions have slowed down plans.:crazy: :bash::guns: At this point I am waiting for a 2019 boat. So, we are looking at another season, and I am tired of strapping on Ghetto Gates.

The question to the crew. Will adding WakeLogic add value to the boat? Or will it take value away from the boat?

Thanks

Edited by Sparky450

Sounds like you already own wakelogic, so I would install it.  If anything, it may be a small bump in value for a used buyer, but I wouldn’t think much. I wouldn’t be afraid of it decreasing value as long as the install is clean.  

I Think you could sell the unused system for more than you could get in return on the sale of the boat with it. If it's worth it for you to use it for the next summer or however long you continue to own the boat is the better question. I think the value of the boat would remain basically unchanged. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I wouldn’t be afraid of it decreasing value as long as the install is clean.

If I install the the WakeLogic. The install will be very clean.

8 hours ago, isellacuras said:

I think the value of the boat would remain basically unchanged

If this is the consensus, WakeLogic will be installed. I am not worried about getting my money back on the WakeLogic. (After all this a toy) I just don't want the boat to take a BIG hit.

Edited by Sparky450

I can't see why anyone buying a used 10 year old boat would not want it, as long as it is installed well and works good. These boats aren't collectors items, so certainly won't detract value. When you go to sell it, it will definitely appeal to the enrty level surf boat shopper.

• Like 2

Something to think about... you have to modify the swim platform. With stock platform you can’t get the paddles in far enough and it destroys the wake.i have an 07 Vlx with wakelogic and a custom swimstep. It rocks! I’m having a hard time finding a boat that will do all 3 sports as good as an 07 Vlx on diamond hull. I’m going to run it for at least a few more years.

Wake logic was easy to install. Making the paddles was easy. Bending the hinges and mounting actuators correctly was a pain. Making a new swim step glassing and gel coat and pad was a huge pain in the behind. And I spent probably a 1000 in material. I first made a mock up to get the angles correct. The 07 has a rounded back corner which makes it alittle tricky. If the angle is not right you will get spray up over the transom. I also raised the platform about 1”.

Ok , now my vote is no on the install no fric*** way after reading above, show that next buyer your suckgate performance dial in and move on!!

Edited by granddaddy55
On 1/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, granddaddy55 said:

Ok , now my vote is no on the install no fric*** way after reading above, show that next buyer your suckgate performance dial in and move on!!

Why the change of opinion? Is it because badluck says the deck needs to be cut. I don’t think that is necessary. 

@minnmarker you have the same hull. 

Did you have to modify the deck? 

Thanks 

If your getting rid of it you’ll spend your last season fine tuning it, when in essence your boat should be sale ready Summer forward to maximize your return which may mean selling right after mid season 

Edited by granddaddy55

Yes I had do modify the deck. With 1 paddle on the boat the wake was great but when I put the other on it destroyed the wake. It’s exactly why the factory boats narrowed the deck. You need to tuck them in. I built a new deck but it would be a lot easier to modify the existing one.

43 minutes ago, badluck said:

Yes I had do modify the deck. With 1 paddle on the boat the wake was great but when I put the other on it destroyed the wake. It’s exactly why the factory boats narrowed the deck. You need to tuck them in. I built a new deck but it would be a lot easier to modify the existing one.

If I have to modify the deck it will be a no go. If I do install it and find it doesn’t perform as desired, I would pull it, have the holes patched, and sell.