Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PnP bags for 2016 25 LSV

NorNevRider

I'd be interested to know which PnP bags most Malibu owners prefer to use for a 2016 25 LSV.? And of course, which bags you  would consider to be the best made, easiest to install, best value, etc., etc., etc.? Which bags do dealers generally install and why? Then I'd also be interested to know if most boat owners also add extra bow weight.  What do you consider to be an ideal amount of bow weight, and  what do you use? I.E., lead, triangle bag, or people?

I have the wake maker custom fit 750's which are really closer to 860-900 lbs totally full.  I only run them about half full (450-500).  It's all we need for surfing.  The extra large bag size is always nice to have incase you want to run heavy with a bow bag combo.  They also allow you to keep the rear storage bins in place.

I'd give the WM custom bags a 5 star review, they fit well and have been fine for entire season.

Edited by Fman

I've got the factory plug and play bags that are "T" shaped. Sticker on them says Barefoot FatSac autovent option 750lb, but they have to hold more than that. If these are full, they completely fill up the rear compartments. These work great for me. I'm gonna try a 650lb bag up front or in the walkway when I take it out this weekend. With those rears full, it is very bow high and needs weight up front. 

Edited by gorilla

'16's take the T shaped bags. If you have PnP option, the fittings are on the front and rear of the bags. There was no vent option in '16 but you can make your own if you feel you need it. The WM bags have two ports in the top of the bags to vent however you want.

Wakemakers t shaped bags are perfect in the 25 and still leave some space for gear like jackets on top when full. A 650 bow bag or walkway bag is a great combo with the rears. 

• 2 years later...

This is a great thread. Just realized I needed to vent the PNP bags to hold more water. Was considering the 750s but the 500s seem like enough for now. Will tweak with time probably. 

Do y’all use lead for surfing too? Curious because @fman said 500 in each is fine 

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, Ronnie said:

'16's take the T shaped bags. If you have PnP option, the fittings are on the front and rear of the bags. There was no vent option in '16 but you can make your own if you feel you need it. The WM bags have two ports in the top of the bags to vent however you want.

@Ronnie any idea how to make your own auto vent? My current ones fill with a lot of air and would be nice to do