Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to get a newer steering wheel from?

petrie141

Hey y’all! We just upgraded our 2003 23LSV Wakesetter to have marine non-skid seadek type stuff and had the upholstery redone a year ago. Now I’m looking to upgrade the look of the smaller things like the steering wheel which is pretty plain and fading. Any idea where we could get a newer Malibu one and if it would fit on our boat? We’ve seen a lot of the aftermarket steering wheels and they all just kind of look like something out a car, we’re hoping for an actual Malibu (or maybe Axis if it fits?) wheel. Any ideas?

thanks!! 

B232B807-C654-4017-828B-613E074E5190-e15

• Like 1

Dealer, eBay, etc.  Depends on how new you want to go - you'll need to do a wheel adapter either way.  I replaced my lame original wheel (which continued into the V-rides for a LONG time) initially with a Isotta Vallelunga.  I believe that was the OEM '04 - '06 wheel.  I never loved it but got it cheap, so when I found another good deal, I swapped.

IMG_3384.jpg

I now have the Isotta Zulag.  That is the OEM wheel from '07 - '10.  After that, you go to the one spoke wheel that will take I believe a splined adapter.

IMG_4061_zps2sbagalo.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Dealer, eBay, etc.  Depends on how new you want to go - you'll need to do a wheel adapter either way.  I replaced my lame original wheel (which continued into the V-rides for a LONG time) initially with a Isotta Vallelunga.  I believe that was the OEM '04 - '06 wheel.  I never loved it but got it cheap, so when I found another good deal, I swapped.

IMG_3384.jpg

I now have the Isotta Zulag.  That is the OEM wheel from '07 - '10.  After that, you go to the one spoke wheel that will take I believe a splined adapter.

IMG_4061_zps2sbagalo.jpg

Any idea where to get the wheel adapter?

• 1 year later...