Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just got my boat back from the MALIBU upholstery King of CA

Imracin68j

Looks amazing.....thanks for sharing, so cool to see someone who is a true craftsman at there trade.  He also looks like one of the few left who take pride in there work.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, goodmatt78 said:

Do you know if he can make skins only and ship out?

Yes.  I talked to him earlier in the fall about this.  I forget exactly what he charges ... it was either $150 or $250 per skin to make and either $100 or $150 per skin for him to install (if you want it installed, you have to send him the old ones so he can use the HDPE).

Edited by Chris_B
58 minutes ago, Cazan said:

(What is BTUFF?)

Wondering the same thing...

With my luck I'd tell him I'm with B.U.T.T.

Looks awesome by the way....might have to contact these fellows.

Bob

I own a magazine called Bakersfield Tuff aka BTUFF.  It's a work hard, play hard publication.  Go over to facebook and look up Bakersfield Tuff.  We have a lot of fun on that page. 

This is what I had done; 

boat upholstery from ground up

fixed various gel goat cracks under tower and under window

buffed out a flat spot on gel coat

full detail on boat including polishing out emblems and detailing trailer. Polishing wheels. 

Relocated some speakers on boat

replaced the swivel seat that was loose 

I paid a tick over 5g for everything.   I had multiple quotes for non marine upholstery companies for 7-9 on just upholstery. 

2 hours ago, Imracin68j said:

This is what I had done; 

boat upholstery from ground up

fixed various gel goat cracks under tower and under window

buffed out a flat spot on gel coat

full detail on boat including polishing out emblems and detailing trailer. Polishing wheels. 

Relocated some speakers on boat

replaced the swivel seat that was loose 

I paid a tick over 5g for everything.   I had multiple quotes for non marine upholstery companies for 7-9 on just upholstery. 

That is an incredible price for all that work.  

this is good to know!  I need my back two rear locker skins and then the 3 back seat cushions replaced and I've been nervous to take it to someone local for repair thinking that they won't be able to exact match.  Maybe local shops can?  I dunno.....  I've never had to do any repair work on upholstery.

Edited by hawaiianstyln

1 hour ago, hawaiianstyln said:

this is good to know!  I need my back two rear locker skins and then the 3 back seat cushions replaced and I've been nervous to take it to someone local for repair thinking that they won't be able to exact match.  Maybe local shops can?  I dunno.....  I've never had to do any repair work on upholstery.

All the local shops around my area want between 6-8k for my 2000 VLX and doesn't include the carpet. I am nerveous too about the results.  

1 hour ago, Cazan said:

All the local shops around my area want between 6-8k for my 2000 VLX and doesn't include the carpet. I am nerveous too about the results.

holy crap!  That is insane and giving someone "your baby" for weeks so they can redo the entire inside would freak me out.  I mean I do ALL my work on my boat unless something unique happens where it has to go to the dealer.  I don't want anyone touching my s***.