Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone know if 2014 Axis muffler is the same as all other Silent Rider mufflers?

atropine

Hi all- I just bought a 2014 Axis A24 from out of state and it won’t be here for another week or so.  Earlier this year I installed a set of Silent Rider muffler bypass tubes from Fresh Air Exhaust after my fiberglass muffler sprung a leak in the middle.  I loved how much easier it made impeller changes so I would like to do the same modification on my new boat.  I’m having a hard time finding out if the muffler is the same as the one in my 2004 Wakesetter LSV.  when I called Larry to order the bypass tubes for my Wakesetter he needed to know what kind of muffler I had.  The only way I could tell him was by looking on Bake’s website at a picture of the Silent Rider muffler and telling him if mine looked the same.  This leads me to believe that Silent Rider may only make one muffler?  Anyone ever had bypass tubes made for your Axis A24 with the MP LS3 engine?

AE4A59FD-3659-4386-936D-0577F7111474.png

CDE82F9E-0938-47ED-934E-19B8182D9AA9.png

I highly doubt it is the same but it's worth checking. 

Try calling silent ride in Georgia. I've spoken with them and they're really helpful. 

Im going through the process of ripping out the muffler in my 2014 Axis and doing straight pipe with Fae exhaust.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, SafeGate said:

I highly doubt it is the same but it's worth checking. 

Try calling silent ride in Georgia. I've spoken with them and they're really helpful. 

Im going through the process of ripping out the muffler in my 2014 Axis and doing straight pipe with Fae exhaust.

Thanks- would you mind telling me what the model number of your muffler is? And what model your boat is and which engine?

I just called Centek Industries (the maker of the Silent Rider mufflers) and they said I need a model number for them to help at all.  The guy I am buying my boat from is going to take a closer picture of the muffler with the model number sticker but that won't be til tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I called Malibu who said that the muffler came from Marine Power with the muffler already installed.  So I called Marine Power and they gave me their part number for the muffler, but when I use that part number on Centek's website search it comes up with no match.   

I don't have the same engine and it's only an A20. 

Call malibu customer support and they will let you know. especially if you have the HIN. 865-458-5478

Please let me know if customer service is rude about getting that info to you. 

On 1/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, SafeGate said:

I don't have the same engine and it's only an A20. 

Call malibu customer support and they will let you know. especially if you have the HIN. 865-458-5478

Please let me know if customer service is rude about getting that info to you. 

That is the phone number that I called and the lady I spoke to at Malibu was super nice. She emailed me the entire build sheet for the boat, but didn’t have access to any other information. The build sheet doesn’t have anything related to a muffler on it. And I assume this is because the muffler came from Marine power with the muffler already installed. I’m not gonna worry about it anymore right now; I will just wait till the boat is here and then pull it out and that way I can take measurements and have Larry at FAE build me a set at that time.  Thanks for the help!