Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Piggy Back System for Rear Tanks

DylanR

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, kodyind said:

Do they have a new version?

Nope I just made it up to see what response I could get... 

yes, they improved over the original one. 

• 3 months later...

I just installed mine last night. Will be out on the water tomorrow to test it out. The design has changed a lot over the years. Ill let you know fill and drain times.

I just installed one today. Pretty easy install. I will be trying it out next weekend. Only concern I can possibly see is filling the top bag first I’m afraid it might have an issue where the factory hard ballast gets air locked and only the top ballast fills with water?? Just a guess.. we will see..

Tested out the new WM piggyback on our '09 VLX. Fill and drain times were to be expected at about 12-15 minutes. Bags drained perfectly into hard tanks and kept up to the drain pump until the end where the bags started to drain a little slower into the hard tank. Ended up with about 2"-3" of water still in the bad. Im assuming I didnt get the drain hoses quite low enough when installing. I am very happy otherwise. Even if I have to lift the bags manually for a minute to get all the water out at the end of each weekend, it's still better than throwing a manual pump over the edge. The extra drain time just gave an excuse to have one more beer before having to load the boat is all :thumbup: