Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VLX Head Unit Screen Dead

TC_2006_VLX

Does anyone have any tricks to get the head unit screen to come back? Or what have you swapped this head unit out with? I cant seem to find a brand on it... local dealer is closed till boat show and I have some tinkering Id like to get done on my holiday break! ha

IMG_5402[1].JPG

The stereo works just fine just the display is dead. I know how to navigate it blind but the boss lady isnt nearly as stoked about this approach.

Likely a dead display. if you find the back of the remote, I think you will find only a single cable. All the commands and display voltage are all in one cable, so a loose connection is plausible but unlikely. 

In some of those setups, one bad remote will cause them all to act up.  If you have a transom remote or a rear lounge remote, I'd try unplugging them both and seeing if it changes anything.  Free diagnostics before buying that unit.  They can be unplugged at the remotes themselves.  You don't have to crawl underneath to do that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/27/2017 at 4:30 PM, COOP said:

I think it was made by JBL. We may have one here. I'll check.

Yup. I have one.

Brand new, never used. Just old stock.

20171227_163415.jpg
upload photograph

PM me if you want it.

Hey coop, 

I realize this was from years ago. But do you still carry these or know what model it is?

thanks 

12 minutes ago, 09VlxKid said:

Hey coop, 

I realize this was from years ago. But do you still carry these or know what model it is?

thanks 

If he doesn't then I might. I think i have a new in box black box and remote.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, 09VlxKid said:

Hey coop, 

thanks 

Man, I'm def interested too, my '08 screen displays partial info.  Austin area here too. 

8 hours ago, jonthefireman said:

Man, I'm def interested too, my '08 screen displays partial info.  Austin area here too. 

Have you checked the Malibu parts dealer here in Austin? Thinking of dropping by tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, 09VlxKid said:

Have you checked the Malibu parts dealer here in Austin? Thinking of dropping by tomorrow. 

Are you talking about TX Malibu in Round Rock?  I've been there once or twice, I get the impression they don't care much about older boats and especially ones that they didn't sell.  You can find almost any part you need from Bakes, or folks on here will almost always point you right to what you need. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
malibumatt06

Does anyone have any leads for a head unit replacement on my 2013 wakesetter  lx it’s made by Rockford cos gate and has a 5 pin connector. I can’t get it to power on so I’m guessing it went to lunch! Serial number is 13010940. What’s an easy replacement or where can I find or my it still?? Thanks I’m advance.