Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shipping- Other States

BG21

19 hours ago, Stevo said:

+1 for pics, do you have delivery dates listed?

where is it at and where is it going too?

19 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

Do you have pictures posted on your ad? Also give specific dimensions on the trailer weight and height and the condition of the trailer. I have used UShip twice. I got a lot more bids when I posted pictures and gave accurate dimensions. 

I have a couple pictures; accurate deminsions and am requesting the boat be on a flatbed.  Shipping from Indiana to Oregon.

7 minutes ago, bredman22 said:

I have a couple pictures; accurate deminsions and am requesting the boat be on a flatbed.  Shipping from Indiana to Oregon.

UShip tends to have a lot of smaller outfits that are set up for bumper pull, rather than flatbed loads of that size. There’s guys with flatbeds on there too but I suspect they can be picky right now since there’s a big shortage of long-haul drivers.

Side note but what did you buy and where in the Portland area do you boat?

I have to agree with NWBU the flatbed might be few and far between. Switch to bumper pull and see what options come back.

my Boat with Black hull was towed from Texas to  NorCal and not a nic or scratch on the underside. 

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

UShip tends to have a lot of smaller outfits that are set up for bumper pull, rather than flatbed loads of that size. There’s guys with flatbeds on there too but I suspect they can be picky right now since there’s a big shortage of long-haul drivers.

Side note but what did you buy and where in the Portland area do you boat?

Cross country in February just makes me so nervous, flat bed puts my mind at ease for a 2200 mile drive.

2010 wakesetter VLX, super excited! I grew up on boats and finally am getting one of my own. I live in Tigard so will frequent Charbonneau. I love going to Bend area and do a lot for work so Billy, cultus, prineville will get a lot of attention on weekends. 

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

I have to agree with NWBU the flatbed might be few and far between. Switch to bumper pull and see what options come back.

my Boat with Black hull was towed from Texas to  NorCal and not a nic or scratch on the underside. 

I’m white and black with white hull so I may be alright... still just makes me nervous and I am super anal about taking care of my things.

ahopkins22LSV

@bredman22 are you buying it from private party or a dealer? Either way, you should be able to get in touch with a local dealer in the area that you are buying it and have them shrink it. They should be able to get dang near all of the hull covered. It will really help protect the boat.

16 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@bredman22 are you buying it from private party or a dealer? Either way, you should be able to get in touch with a local dealer in the area that you are buying it and have them shrink it. They should be able to get dang near all of the hull covered. It will really help protect the boat.

She got wrapped up today! Private seller took it to dealer for me... Now I just need to find a shipper.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, bredman22 said:

I have 1 pic and deminsions listed. Gave a time window for pick up and am flexible on delivery... going from Indiana to Portland OR

Any luck on this yet?

BTW for anyone else looking to buy out of state, the RV industry is booming even more than the boating industry and that's led to a bunch of eager shippers if you have a boat needing hauled in any direction towards Indiana. RV's are generally bumper pulled to the dealers around the US and then the drivers are dead-heading back to Elkhart for another trailer, and looking for odd pulls along the way back.

Figured this out while selling my 2008 and seeing how cheap it was to ship it to NE WA/Idaho.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:46 PM, NWBU said:

Any luck on this yet?

BTW for anyone else looking to buy out of state, the RV industry is booming even more than the boating industry and that's led to a bunch of eager shippers if you have a boat needing hauled in any direction towards Indiana. RV's are generally bumper pulled to the dealers around the US and then the drivers are dead-heading back to Elkhart for another trailer, and looking for odd pulls along the way back.

Figured this out while selling my 2008 and seeing how cheap it was to ship it to NE WA/Idaho.

Yes and no on the luck... hired a company, boat made it to Denver and the drivers transmission went out. It was going to take almost a week to get it fixed, he had two other drivers who were on the east coast making deliveries so they could not pick up where he left off. Long story short I drove to Denver and picked up the boat myself. Not ideal but i was done relying on others to get my boat home.

she is now safe and sound in the garage awaiting that first 70+ degree day.

1 hour ago, bredman22 said:

Yes and no on the luck... hired a company, boat made it to Denver and the drivers transmission went out. It was going to take almost a week to get it fixed, he had two other drivers who were on the east coast making deliveries so they could not pick up where he left off. Long story short I drove to Denver and picked up the boat myself. Not ideal but i was done relying on others to get my boat home.

Wow - that must’ve been a long drive...Glad its home finally and maybe see you out on the river this summer.

1 hour ago, NWBU said:

Wow - that must’ve been a long drive...Glad its home finally and maybe see you out on the river this summer.

Yes the drive was horrible... had great weather for it but just a long time to tow driving solo. I am sure we will see you out there, if you see me come say hi!  

Sorry I don’t know how to post pics yet so y’all get a link instead.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/78642373@N08/ss13U8

15 minutes ago, bredman22 said:

Yes the drive was horrible... had great weather for it but just a long time to tow driving solo. I am sure we will see you out there, if you see me come say hi!  

Sorry I don’t know how to post pics yet so y’all get a link instead.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/78642373@N08/ss13U8

Nice clean boat.

If you're a site supporter, pics will be automatically resized and uploaded. There should also be a way to link flickr images that show the pic too.

40333087914_55c1b438e6_k.jpg

10 hours ago, NWBU said:

Nice clean boat.

If you're a site supporter, pics will be automatically resized and uploaded. There should also be a way to link flickr images that show the pic too.

40333087914_55c1b438e6_k.jpg

That's a great looking boat. Congrats. Hopefully I'll get to see it in the water this spring. 

13 hours ago, bredman22 said:

Waiting for 70+?  I'd be out if it was 40+ with a new boat just to make sure I time to fix anything in time for those 70+ days :)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good uShip experience sending the boat off to another crew member out of state this morning and wanted to recommend the shipper since he works west coast routes. He may even be a crew member here as well since he owns a 2016 23 LSV.

He showed up with rock tamers on and was ready to wrap the tower before seeing I’d already done that. We’ll see how the boat arrives tonight but my sense was that he’s the kind of guy I’d want hauling my boat. I can pm his contact info to anyone interested.

26F49545-7ABA-4B0E-A4E0-98319052A560.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

For you guys who've done this, what sort of rates did you end up with?  I'd like to see $1/mile or less for my 1300 mile tow from PDX to PHX.  If they charge $1/mile for a 6000 lb wake boat, I'd think I could be able to get that or better for a little slalom tug on a low-slung trailer.  It tucks in real nice behind a half ton.  I've gotten few bids in the 2 days I've had it posted but they're all like $1600.  Did find a guy to tow it to SoCal for $860...

27 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

For you guys who've done this, what sort of rates did you end up with?  I'd like to see $1/mile or less for my 1300 mile tow from PDX to PHX.  If they charge $1/mile for a 6000 lb wake boat, I'd think I could be able to get that or better for a little slalom tug on a low-slung trailer.  It tucks in real nice behind a half ton.  I've gotten few bids in the 2 days I've had it posted but they're all like $1600.  Did find a guy to tow it to SoCal for $860...

Mine went to Spokane (375 miles) for $300.

I paid $1200 Florida to Utah. They are based out of Utah but go all over. If they have something going your way they were 1/2 the price of any other quote I got and did a great job.

L&J shipping: ‭+1 (801) 520-5826‬

Edited by vaporbluebu
3 hours ago, vaporbluebu said:

I got $1200 Florida to Utah. They are based out of Utah but go all over. If they have something going your way they were 1/2 the price of any other quote I got and did a great job.

L&J shipping: ‭+1 (801) 520-5826‬

Cool.  Just left them a voicemail.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I’ve put a request on uship to have my boat purchase delivered from Missouri to North Carolina and am starting to get a few quotes.  I intend on having it wrapped at the dealers where it will be picked up at.  Distance is around 720 miles.  Quotes are anywhere between $1,100 to $2,000 after the first half day of posting it.  What should I look for?  What should insurance coverage look like on their part and is there anything I need to do on my part with that?

Thanks,

Tim