Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Chevy Silverado

RedWakesetterVLX

Initial impressions - I like the current body style of the GM pickups better.  The new one looks like a Toyota from the side with a ford tailgate.  The current GMC is the best looking truck on the market in my opinion.

The new Ram looks really good to me, hopefully they didn't mess up the mechanicals in the new version.  The one weird thing I saw was an optional split tailgate?  Not sure what the purpose is of a sideways swinging split gate, it was ridiculous on the Lincoln version of the F150 and is just as silly on the Ram.

8 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

You know aluminum corrodes too, right? And galls, even better. Steel bolts against aluminum bed & frame is going to be a mess in a few years.

Old Audi Quattro panels are still rust/damage free in Minnesota.  Thirty years of salt and harsh winters.  

Aluminum will oxidize without paint/treatment, sure, but perforation or spread is extremely rare. 

I see your point about wear at mounting points, but if a solution is engineered to allow for the metals to interact with low wear I don't see it being an issue.  

I do know the natural gas guys out here are having issues tearing seams and puncturing beds while hauling heavy, awkward loads.  Fortunately most of them seem to want steel flatbed setups as replacements anyways.

Edited by Pra4sno
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, The Hulk said:

Didn't the super duty only change to AL in 2017? So u have 1yr of use max if u purchased pre year? What are u using them for? With less than a year they should  at least be under warrant.

Pulling unit crew trucks, they are doing the same job they have always done and got over 200k miles out of previous trucks. 

ahopkins22LSV
On 12/25/2017 at 3:23 PM, The Hulk said:

Do ppl seriously not throw bedliners in these things? 

Most company fleet vehicles come bare bones, so no. And like I said earlier, a new truck shouldn't need bed liner to keep the bed together.............

The rig pusher just rolled his F250 this morning on icy roads, will get pics to see how it held up. They ordered their trucks a plain as you can get, still cost $56k at fleet price.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MLBurns said:

No offset steering wheel, looked like it had ac vents on back of console for rear seats. 

I really hope that's the case.  That's been one of the biggest drawbacks to GM trucks over the years for crew cab models.  Surprised it took them this long to add ac vents to the rear.

The lack of ac vents for the back seat is the only reason my wife got another Yukon Denali last year. She wanted a black vehicle and living in Texas would have had a lot of idle time cooling the inside down. She is already talking about trading now that she watched that video.

16 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I revise my prior statement after viewing the video I kind of like the new truck.     

Its funny everyone in video was going on and on about how big the mirrors where @IXFE

Looks pretty decent.  The mirrors don't look very big - maybe bigger than the previous gm mirrors.  The Rambox like boxes in the bed look cool, but not as convenient as the Ram version.  

Might be ready for a new truck in 2019 when my current one is 10 years old and has 200K on it.  Looks like the New Ram and the Chev will be worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, oldjeep said:

The Rambox like boxes in the bed look cool, but not as convenient as the Ram version.  

Let's not call them "Rambox like boxes" since Ram just copied their from GM, who was offering them from '02-'13 in the Escalade EXT and Avalanche.  Just saying.  I do agree they aren't nearly as useful.

14 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Let's not call them "Rambox like boxes" since Ram just copied their from GM, who was offering them from '02-'13 in the Escalade EXT and Avalanche.  Just saying.  I do agree they aren't nearly as useful.

Never seen the suv version, ram was the first to put it in a pickup truck 😀

29 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Never seen the suv version, ram was the first to put it in a pickup truck 😀

I think tongue in cheek?

In any event, comparing ramboxes to avalanche boxes is like comparing lebron james to middle school basketball.

C'mon, Lebron's not that bad....

I've never used the Rambox, but the ones in the Avy were pretty nice.I think any extra storage on the side like that is pretty useful for organization.