Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Chevy Silverado

RedWakesetterVLX

In the half ton market I prefer the newly updated F150. This new Chevy looks a lot like the tundra. Nothing really wrong with that but I think the f150 is good looking and distinctively different.

• Like 1

Absolutely true.  Lots of good options.

The new ford ranger diesel option is looking excellent as well for most of us with the shorter/lighter slalom machines.  That little ford TDI has been putting in serious work overseas for almost a decade.  

Edited by Pra4sno

Better hurry up and buy a truck made with steel. I don't think we have a single aluminum superduty in the field that the bed isn't starting to split at seams or has holes through it. Wont be long before they all go 'lightweight'. 

3 minutes ago, MLBurns said:

Better hurry up and buy a truck made with steel. I don't think we have a single aluminum superduty in the field that the bed isn't starting to split at seams or has holes through it. Wont be long before they all go 'lightweight'. 

It’s not all bad news. Aluminum doesn’t rust. Jussayin :whistle:

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, MLBurns said:

Well Ford going “lightweight” aluminum only brought their weight to the same that GM and Ram were already at. GM didn’t go aluminum on this truck either. They are still advertising steel. Their HD trucks won’t either.

4 hours ago, MLBurns said:

Even with bedliners?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Pnwrider said:

Even with bedliners?

No, they are a well service company. They bought the cheapest model they could get, I bet they regret that now. The guys that have the spray in bedliner don't seem to be having problems.

8 hours ago, IXFE said:

Well maybe not here, but I lived in Portland for 12 years and I always saw rusty Rams in the parking lot at work. So it happens. 

You know aluminum corrodes too, right? And galls, even better. Steel bolts against aluminum bed & frame is going to be a mess in a few years.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
On 12/18/2017 at 7:33 PM, MLBurns said:

Didn't the super duty only change to AL in 2017? So u have 1yr of use max if u purchased pre year? What are u using them for? With less than a year they should  at least be under warrant.

Edited by The Hulk