Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 RLXi

SmoothWaterMan

I'm sure it's the same one that was up here at Skier's Pier last week, and probably the one from the pics Tracie posted a few weeks ago. Not sure what whoever was thinkin' on that one. Yuk.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• VinRLX

• edgeski1

• SunriseH2OSkier

front page of my website for a picture, go to inventory for the other

Reuben/Ebony

Mid Blue/Sandstone

It's official! I'm in love!!! Love.gifLove.gif Thank you for our first look at what these boats can really look like with the right colors!!!

07reubenlxi_lg.JPG

Edgeski1, is that a new extreme tower for 07? It appears the tower actually mounts to the top deck rather than the side of the deck like the old style. Also the tower really follows the lines of the new windshield, I think it looks pretty good.

I don't suppose the trailers are meant to enhance the look, after all you don't buy a boat to drive up and down the road. They are therefore purposeful vs. cool. Not for me.

Edgeski1, is that a new extreme tower for 07? It appears the tower actually mounts to the top deck rather than the side of the deck like the old style. Also the tower really follows the lines of the new windshield, I think it looks pretty good.

This is the first one, they used my boat for the tooling and fiting. It mounts to the top deck

Edited by edgeski1

I'm getting my first load of 2 in about 20 min.

Can't wait

Edgeski, I checked out your web site, nice. Is that IRide Family Ski Edition something you put together or did Malibu come out with that? That's a nice boat.

sorry for the late reply, I jus oredered a stripped down I-Ride, kind of a inexpensive family ski boat a'la old Sunsetter

If someone could post these RLXi pics (or a direct link to them) here that would be awesome!

It seems that www.edgeski.com is not available from Germany for some reason (blocked)? I don't know, tried it the whole day without any luck. Dontknow.gif

It would help me a lot to see some different colors because we are about to order the 07 RLXi, and iSpec is still not up and even the dealer version is not available over here. :(

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Chaabo

The Extreme Tower for the 07 RLXi mounts to the top deck in front and behind the windshield. Downfall at the moment is that it keeps a boom back behind the rear foot, even though the windsheild is shorter. I'd prefer to see the back foot on the side like it was for 06.

Peter

Any chance that either of you dealer folk in this thread can pull some good skiers through a course with the 07 RLXi? I'd love to see the feedback!

Bring those chicks in your avatar to Indy, and I'll pull you all weekend. As long as those two man the cooler for me!

MM

My thoughts exactly, just forget Indy and come to NY. :)

Peter,

When are you going to have this thing on the water? Sat. and first half of Sun. look like crap, but I might be interested in taking a drive if the RLXi has room on her dance card. :)

Jack & Scott,

You're right, weather is scheduled to be showers all weekend after 10 am Saturday. Just bring a hat.

Both of you are more than welcome to come up. Jack, we had talked about coming out your way, but with the weather it'll have to be some other time. Scott, you may have mentioned having a GPS - if so, bring it with you.

I'll be out with a customer about 9 or so, but anytime after that....probably about the time the showers start. :)

Will will be over, so maybe we will run down to Ballston so you can use the course too.

Call in the am -

Peter

I'm skiing in the front yard at 7, when I get off the water I'll call you - unless it's raining -- not into skiing in the rain, too much like being shot in the face repeatedly with a BB gun.

I rode in it, and I skied behind it.

There were 4.5 of us in the boat. Myself, my ski partner Ross, Will, Peter, & Peter's daughter.

It was obvious when it pulled up to the dock that there was substantial more freeboard in the front, my 2003 (with 100# of weight in the nose), sits very low and coming off plane you can see the water splashing over the front. Not so with this boat.

It looks like a much larger boat, and there seemed to be more room between the motor box and the sides than mine. The passenger seating seemed more spacious too as I need to have the jump seat in the walk thru area to comfortably seat 2 passengers, with the 2007 there was ample room with the stock seating.

In the driver's seat of my 2003, at idle speed the windshield frame is right in my field of view (I'm 6'4"), but underway the bow rises and have no vision issues. I jumped in the driver seat of the 2007 and I would say the windshield frame is about 1 or 2 inches higher, which made for a better view in both respects.

The glove box is much more useful -- probably put 4 X as much in it.

I jumped on my ski and took a dip. I skied this morning behind my boat and then 3 hours later behind this one so I figured it was a good day for a comparison. To get an idea of my ski ability, I can run 15 off at 32mph about 50% of the time and am working on 22 off, usually 4 count (I have issues with pulling too long and being too wide, but that's a story for another post). Free skiing we run both 32 & 34 mph at 15, 22, and 28 off.

So I told Peter to Hit It and he said that he pretty much put the hammer down -- which is what I'm used to -- I would say that it yanked me out about the same as mine (I have a13 X 12 XMP prop).

I ran at 22 off and Peter said it was going about 33 mph. On the 2003 there is a "bump" at 22 off where the washes converge, crossing the wake there is a slight pop when the ski hits it. With the 2007 the "bump" is much less pronounced but the big difference is that it is a WAY softer wake. The ski sliced thru it easily instead of pounding thru it.

At 28 off there was barely anything to speak of in regards to a wake, you just skipped across it. It was very nice.

Will skied next at 15, 22, and 28 off at a soft 32 mph. He had the same views as I did in regards to how the wakes were softer.

My ski partner rode the entire time in the boat and remarked that the thing he noticed right off the bat was that when you turn the boat around and run back over the wake, in my 2003 there is a jarring that goes thru the seat back. With the 2007 this did not occur.

The only negative I noted was that they changed the netting on the sides of the interior with a tube system that wouldn't quite contain the life jackets, ski ropes, and other items that I store in mine.

The color scheme that was on this boat was much improved over the other couple pictures posted in other threads, it doesn't make it look as front end heavy.

The 2007 Reponse RLXi is a very impressive boat. Thanks for letting me crash your party Peter -- had a great time!!!

I rode in it, and I skied behind it.

There were 4.5 of us in the boat. Myself, my ski partner Ross, Will, Peter, & Peter's daughter.

It was obvious when it pulled up to the dock that there was substantial more freeboard in the front, my 2003 (with 100# of weight in the nose), sits very low and coming off plane you can see the water splashing over the front. Not so with this boat.

It looks like a much larger boat, and there seemed to be more room between the motor box and the sides than mine. The passenger seating seemed more spacious too as I need to have the jump seat in the walk thru area to comfortably seat 2 passengers, with the 2007 there was ample room with the stock seating.

In the driver's seat of my 2003, at idle speed the windshield frame is right in my field of view (I'm 6'4"), but underway the bow rises and have no vision issues. I jumped in the driver seat of the 2007 and I would say the windshield frame is about 1 or 2 inches higher, which made for a better view in both respects.

The glove box is much more useful -- probably put 4 X as much in it.

I jumped on my ski and took a dip. I skied this morning behind my boat and then 3 hours later behind this one so I figured it was a good day for a comparison. To get an idea of my ski ability, I can run 15 off at 32mph about 50% of the time and am working on 22 off, usually 4 count (I have issues with pulling too long and being too wide, but that's a story for another post). Free skiing we run both 32 & 34 mph at 15, 22, and 28 off.

So I told Peter to Hit It and he said that he pretty much put the hammer down -- which is what I'm used to -- I would say that it yanked me out about the same as mine (I have a13 X 12 XMP prop).

I ran at 22 off and Peter said it was going about 33 mph. On the 2003 there is a "bump" at 22 off where the washes converge, crossing the wake there is a slight pop when the ski hits it. With the 2007 the "bump" is much less pronounced but the big difference is that it is a WAY softer wake. The ski sliced thru it easily instead of pounding thru it.

At 28 off there was barely anything to speak of in regards to a wake, you just skipped across it. It was very nice.

Will skied next at 15, 22, and 28 off at a soft 32 mph. He had the same views as I did in regards to how the wakes were softer.

My ski partner rode the entire time in the boat and remarked that the thing he noticed right off the bat was that when you turn the boat around and run back over the wake, in my 2003 there is a jarring that goes thru the seat back. With the 2007 this did not occur.

The only negative I noted was that they changed the netting on the sides of the interior with a tube system that wouldn't quite contain the life jackets, ski ropes, and other items that I store in mine.

The color scheme that was on this boat was much improved over the other couple pictures posted in other threads, it doesn't make it look as front end heavy.

The 2007 Reponse RLXi is a very impressive boat. Thanks for letting me crash your party Peter -- had a great time!!!

Thanks for the review. Any idea what prop came with the boat? Also, were you skiing in the course or free skiing? Other than the wakes, any thoughts as to the pull? Was it as firm as your 2003? Any comments from the driver on how the boat tracked?