Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 RLXi

SmoothWaterMan

I posted earlier about having driven the 2007 RLXi awhile ago.

Today I was able to get our first one off the truck, prepped and into the water long enough to spend some time driving it around with my kids, but not enough time to ski before dark. That and my 4.5 yr old isn't ready to pull me yet. (The 15 month old might)

The first one I drove a few weeks back I noticed the windshield and corner posts, mainly because it was new, different, and I was looking for it. It wasn't until I had spent 15 minutes in this one that I noticed that I hadn't noticed the corner posts, frame, or any other part of the windsheild that I had before. What I did realize was that either the glass on the previous models is really distorted due to curve, or this glass just plain rocks. The optics & angles are perfect. About the same time that I realized I hadn't found any blind spots, I realized that the view was phenomonal. Hello Tom Ruta, you wish has been granted, the top rail is non-existent. I had to look around and appreciate it, for I realized that from the driver's seat it appears like an optically perfect corner office. And what an office to have.

The boat is smooth. The water was small chop at worst, but the boat did not transmit any of them inside. Seems less water-generated noise, therefore you seem to hear the engine again.

Might be a touch more weight sensitive side to side than the '06 if you don't ski with a spotter. Might be I gained weight or it was 26 lb Travis on my lap. (okay okay, I know I did, but work with me here)

With weather allowing we'll be demoing a huge variety of skiers and footers over the weekend, and I'll post up their thoughts.

On a side note, I grabbed my camera to take a few shots after getting back to the shop, but it's a hard boat to shoot. The photos I have do not showcase the boat as you see it in person. Perhaps it's truly a 3 dimensional boat. In person and in operation, it should end all the I "think" posts.

Peter. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• VinRLX

• edgeski1

• SunriseH2OSkier

ps -

I'm not a radio user. I don't listen to one in a boat, I hardly listen to one in the truck. Old school boat user.

The new gigabyte sony cd stereo? This thing kicks a**. I don't even know how to use it and it kicks a**. Factory installed it has music stored in it as a sample tracks. You can plug it in to your pc and download some 300(?) songs? 3000? I don't know, some absurd amount. Phenomonal sound.

I might actually use it. Times change.

Yeehaww, party at Peter's! Awesome write up Pete, & I look forward with anticipation to your report next week (with pics, I don't care that they don't show how good the boat is - I definitely agree with you there, the one that I saw on the water was a fantastic looking boat).

Peter, I have to ask (been wondering for a while) do you own the dealership? If you don't, you are sooooo lucky to get to play with all the cool new boats!!! I am jealous :)

Yeap, he's a dealer... check out his sig... Tongue.gif

Peter, I have to ask (been wondering for a while) do you own the dealership? If you don't, you are sooooo lucky to get to play with all the cool new boats!!! I am jealous :)

Don't believe Adam, I really just play with cool new boats.

:)

Peter,

When are you going to have this thing on the water? Sat. and first half of Sun. look like crap, but I might be interested in taking a drive if the RLXi has room on her dance card. :)

I'm getting my first load of 2 in about 20 min.

Can't wait

Edgeski, I checked out your web site, nice. Is that IRide Family Ski Edition something you put together or did Malibu come out with that? That's a nice boat.

Any chance that either of you dealer folk in this thread can pull some good skiers through a course with the 07 RLXi? I'd love to see the feedback!

Bring those chicks in your avatar to Indy, and I'll pull you all weekend. As long as those two man the cooler for me!

MM

post-195-1157128414_thumb.jpg

i'm doing a clinic with parrish on tuesday, i'll get a full report

BTW.

I just unloaded them, beautiful, We just took one for a stroll. Couldn't swamp the front end to save my life

i'm doing a clinic with parrish on tuesday, i'll get a full report

BTW.

I just unloaded them, beautiful, We just took one for a stroll. Couldn't swamp the front end to save my life

Hey, are you going to have these on the water Saturday? If so, I might just have to stop by for a ski run :)

I'm still wishing I could make it by for the clinic with Parrish... is it full? why oh why couldn't you do this before school started Cry.gif

Peter/Edge - can you guys please, please, please post pics of what you have? Hopefully in some color combo other than that gawd awful orange/grey/neutral mule? I can understand if it doesn't show as well in a pic, that's fine. But something is better than nothing...

Any chance that either of you dealer folk in this thread can pull some good skiers through a course with the 07 RLXi? I'd love to see the feedback!

If the Bu crew wants to take up a collection to get me out to the boats this weekend I'll sacrafice my tournament for the "crew" and see how good this boat really is and provide a full report.

If the Bu crew wants to take up a collection to get me out to the boats this weekend I'll sacrafice my tournament for the "crew" and see how good this boat really is and provide a full report.

Fingerwag.gifFingerwag.gifFingerwag.gif

Certainly better than the orange, but I hope Peter is right and that it is just not a very photogenic boat...

BTW, That was not my boat. it was a loaner for the MW Regional Meeting. I think No wake picked the colors on that one. Tongue.gif