Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Full Boat Cover

HalfKiwi

And why don’t you want to use your towable cover? If it’s the stock cover that’s a great dual purpose cover , i just use a blower to keep it clean so I can roll it forward and not cross contaminate the under side with storage dirt .  If there is no rain coming directly down on it, it’s great, 

if I was in the elements, I would go with an over the tower EVO. Has walk in zipper I think to access boat then covered?

you probably are dry where you are but I run a floor utility fan 24 hours a day , does wonders to keep boat aired out snd super dry even in our wet climate since I’m covered in sn open to east snd north carport, got lucky so very little if any direct sunlight

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm in so cal with 300+days of direct sunlight. Rain puddles on the cover and then drips onto the seats ect. when it does rain. Looking to prevent that with a full cover.

A neighbor has one on a older Malibu but he spent about $2000 for it. Rather spend less if something else is available.

Really interesting discussion.  I have two covers - my "towing" cover that stays on when it's just a couple days between trips -  I got that from Evolution Covers - can't say enough about them.  I've used it for 300 mile pulls with no chafing or issues.

I have another "storage" cover that extends down past the rub rail to offer more sun protection -  with the three poles I have as part of it I don't have any issues with water puddling.  Sourced that locally here in Utah - there are 3 different shops that all do great work - cost me about $800 or so for an Aqualon cover about 2 years ago https://www.sharpstarps.net/Storage-Covers

I have to believe there are multiple choices for a custom cover in SoCal.

Boat covers will loose the water repellent effectiveness every couple years...you gotta re-treat them. Clean cover really well (I wash in hot water with cleaners)....spray off/rinse with hose and dry it out, and then treat 2x's with a good spray, you will need a full gallon (you can buy all you need on Amazon for around $100), it will repel water like brand new after that. I did mine last summer and it was a HUGE difference.

I get protecting it from the sun but you live in California.... You can’t get that much rain. 

I live in North America’s rainiest place, not sure why.... but I do.  My boat stays perfectly dry, spray with 303 and you’ll be good to go. 

• 3 weeks later...

old thread...but get an Evo if you haven't already.  there are 2 types of fabric. one for your situation, talk to Cory.  when stored there is a small rope that "tents" the cover to prevent water from ponding. they tow awesome.