Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Axis Ordered

Wavemaker

34 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

@Wavemakerthat looks like an f150, if so what was the correct drop on the ball to line  up with your t22?

That's a good question - Unfortunately I "guessed" wrong about the rise I needed (I added a 10,000 lb rated hitch below the factory's 5,000 lb rated hitch) so I'm a little low at the tow point.  However the F150 (Ecoboost 2.7) pulled the boat with no problem and was very stable - I was impressed.  Got 13.5 mpg towing it home against the wind, I was happy about that too.

16 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Very nice man! Boat looks sick. And that is one heck of a nice garage!

15 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Garage goals much :notworthy:

15 hours ago, Raimie said:

Ya, not gonna lie...super jealous of that garage!

10 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Garage game is 👌

Thanks guys! Yeah our new T22 has a nice comfy resting place when she's not on the water :)  

16 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

Took delivery today.  Lots of pics cuz the 'BuCrew likes pics ;)

IMG_3631.jpg

What is that "plug" next to the transom hook there?  I don't recall seeing that on my boat above the swim platform.

18 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

What is that "plug" next to the transom hook there?  I don't recall seeing that on my boat above the swim platform.

It's the flush line kit.  Plug your garden hose into it and start up your engine.  You can winterize your boat through this plug.  It's an option that can easily be added after.  

Edited by saxton15
3 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

That's a good question - Unfortunately I "guessed" wrong about the rise I needed (I added a 10,000 lb rated hitch below the factory's 5,000 lb rated hitch) so I'm a little low at the tow point.  However the F150 (Ecoboost 2.7) pulled the boat with no problem and was very stable - I was impressed.  Got 13.5 mpg towing it home against the wind, I was happy about that too.

I have a 17 3.5 xlt sport with max tow and they put that same receiver on mine, I have no idea why they put a 5k max tow receiver on a truck that has a tow rating of 12k 🤯, I also have a 18 T22. Great truck/boat combo 🤩

1 hour ago, st22eve said:

I have a 17 3.5 xlt sport with max tow and they put that same receiver on mine, I have no idea why they put a 5k max tow receiver on a truck that has a tow rating of 12k 🤯, I also have a 18 T22. Great truck/boat combo 🤩

Did you upgrade the receiver, I have the same as you. I dont have max tow, but I still got the 5000lb. I also have a new T22, do you think we're maxing or over?

1 hour ago, Choiceind said:

Did you upgrade the receiver, I have the same as you. I dont have max tow, but I still got the 5000lb. I also have a new T22, do you think we're maxing or over?

I haven't upgraded the receiver yet, I thought I read the stock receiver is part of the upgraded bumper and didn't really want them stacked. As far as truck goes I don't think we are close to max for towing. My truck is rated for 11,900 towing, weak link being the receiver, the hitch I use is rated for 17k and ball is 10k. Did u replace your receiver or did u stack it?

1 hour ago, st22eve said:

I haven't upgraded the receiver yet, I thought I read the stock receiver is part of the upgraded bumper and didn't really want them stacked. As far as truck goes I don't think we are close to max for towing. My truck is rated for 11,900 towing, weak link being the receiver, the hitch I use is rated for 17k and ball is 10k. Did u replace your receiver or did u stack it?

I havent done anything yet, I will be picking my boat up in a couple weeks, just trying to narrow it down. I know the boat is 4200, after tower, tower speakers, fuel, and some of other gear, and trailer, its going to be over. I just want to order everything once. So you're thinking we have to replace bumper for class 4 hitch?

11 minutes ago, Choiceind said:

I havent done anything yet, I will be picking my boat up in a couple weeks, just trying to narrow it down. I know the boat is 4200, after tower, tower speakers, fuel, and some of other gear, and trailer, its going to be over. I just want to order everything once. So you're thinking we have to replace bumper for class 4 hitch?

If you don't have max tow you may not have the upgraded bumper. I think what makes it "upgraded" is that the receiver is actually bolted up to it. Look under your truck and see how the receiver is attached to the frame. Mine is connected to the back portion of the frame and also bolts up to the rear bumper. It looks like @Wavemakergot a 10k rated receiver and stacked it with the existing receiver. Maybe he can chime in.

4 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Boat and garage look awesome. Just curious why you removed a pair of the tower speakers?

I wanted more head room and the dealer credited me some $.  I'll be boating in a small private lake surrounded by houses and didn't want to upset my neighbors with loud music since I'll probably be upsetting them with wake :surfing:

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, st22eve said:

If you don't have max tow you may not have the upgraded bumper. I think what makes it "upgraded" is that the receiver is actually bolted up to it. Look under your truck and see how the receiver is attached to the frame. Mine is connected to the back portion of the frame and also bolts up to the rear bumper. It looks like @Wavemakergot a 10k rated receiver and stacked it with the existing receiver. Maybe he can chime in.

Yes most trucks/suv's come with a receiver hitch only rated to 5,000 lbs even though the vehicle can tow much more. Pretty lousy deal since as @st22eve said, the bumper is attached to the hitch. (the hitch is attached to the frame) The only economical way around it is to put on a Curt 10,000 lb tow hitch that is made to attach underneath the existing hitch.  I don't think it looks as bad as I thought it would, sometimes I actually think it looks cool - haha.  I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me.

doublehitch.jpg

49 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

Yes most trucks/suv's come with a receiver hitch only rated to 5,000 lbs even though the vehicle can tow much more. Pretty lousy deal since as @st22eve said, the bumper is attached to the hitch. (the hitch is attached to the frame) The only economical way around it is to put on a Curt 10,000 lb tow hitch that is made to attach underneath the existing hitch.  I don't think it looks as bad as I thought it would, sometimes I actually think it looks cool - haha.  I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me.

doublehitch.jpg

Thanks for the help! By the way, sweet looking boat. a pic of mine is floating around in here somewhere. I did stratosphere.