Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Axis Ordered

Wavemaker

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Congrats and very nice!! That’s going to look amazing. 

Why not go with a charcoal tower though?

Thanks! I decided that the black looked good with the black windshield.  I definitely thought about it and if a charcoal windshield was an option I might have done it. I did go with the charcoal trailer though :)

• Like 3

Nice build, my spray date was Dec 14th for my T22. I honestly think you should skip on the 2773 prop and just keep the standard 2249. With the 409 and lift mode you don't need the 2773, you will be running 4k+ rpms at surf speeds. Maybe @Anderson24can chime in.

Edited by st22eve
14 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

Thanks to the Bu Crew for input on options (a thread on Malibu General) I heeded the advice on several options and came up with the following build and order:

2018 T22 - Red Metal Flake and Charcoal Gel Base

PTM clamping racks x 2

Stereo Pack 2

Surf Gate

Power Wedge 2

Soft Grip Flooring

Zero off GPS

Bimini w/surf storage 

Plug n Play w/auto vent

Surf Pipe

14" T13 Alloy Upgrade w/spare

Depth Finder

Tracking Fin

Pull up cleats

Engine Flush Kit

Battery charger

Transom Step

Tower quick release

Torque Prop

Driver Flip-up seat

Dual Battery switch

Black Bezel Lights

Tower Storage Pole

I learned quite a bit in my research. (On different brands of boats and all available options on Axis) Anybody who is thinking about buying or ordering a Malibu/Axis and have questions, hit me up and I'll be glad to share what I know :) 

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 9.04.55 PM.png

I just ordered mine 12-14-17,, same charcoal, different color of flake. I have feeling the new 2018 t-22 is going to be pretty popular.

6 hours ago, st22eve said:

Nice build, my spray date was Dec 14th for my T22. I honestly think you should skip on the 2773 prop and just keep the standard 2249. With the 409 and lift mode you don't need the 2773, you will be running 4k+ rpms at surf speeds. Maybe @Anderson24can chime in.

I've gone round and round on this.  For some boats, (23LSV) the 2249 prop IS the torque prop.  You may be right, I'm still not sure :/

For 2018 Axis T22 the 2249 is the standard and the 2773 is the torque upgrade option. 2249 is 15x14.25 and the 2773 is 15x13. @Anderson24ordered the 2773 torque prop on his 18 T22 and I believe he says it's to much prop. When I built mine the 2249 is standard and the 2773 is the torque upgrade.

2 hours ago, River Monsters said:

So why this over the 21VLX $79,995 promo boat?  Little more room?

Yes, I did demo and consider the VLX.  It has a substantially better helm (command center) but that is the only major upgrade in my opinion. There are other things like hinged seats and some nicer amenities but more room (most importantly beam) and better wakes on the T22 win out for me. I was also able to get some nice upgrades like PTM clamping racks and a surf pipe that would have really increased that 80k promo price (surf pipe would have to be aftermarket, not available as an option on 21vlx). Also what @ahopkinsTXi said.

Edited by Wavemaker
  • 1 month later...

*Update*    Spray date is Feb 27th and I along with another 'bucrew member are going up to Louton on Mar 2nd for a factory tour.  The instructions I received say "no pictures" but I've seen several pics on here of boats in the build process; are they leniant about that rule when it comes to taking pics of your own boat?  They also said the tour was only 1 hour or so but I've seen others mention spending most of the day there.  I was told there was "no lingering around" - what am I missing here?

• Like 2

@WavemakerMalibu has you sign an agreement not to post any pictures taken at the factory. A lot of folks receive sneak peeks or updates from factory on their build. Generally those pics are the same that might be in a build book had they ordered one. Some dealers request a pic or two for a client. The no lingering is for your safety lots of moving parts with in the assembly line and process.There are also other clients scheduled for a tour. You will not be in a large group. The tour is very personalized and focused on you the client. Not every boat manufacturer does this for clients. Relax and enjoy. 

4 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

@WavemakerMalibu has you sign an agreement not to post any pictures taken at the factory. A lot of folks receive sneak peeks or updates from factory on their build. Generally those pics are the same that might be in a build book had they ordered one. Some dealers request a pic or two for a client. The no lingering is for your safety lots of moving parts with in the assembly line and process.There are also other clients scheduled for a tour. You will not be in a large group. The tour is very personalized and focused on you the client. Not every boat manufacturer does this for clients. Relax and enjoy. 

Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...
ahopkins22LSV

Congrats! That T looks sick. I’m sure it will be jaw dropping outside. 

The factory tour is very cool. I did it last year because I was in town and have always wanted to go. Someday I and my family will do it together to see our boat :)

• 2 weeks later...