Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$40,000 Budget. Wants A Malibu. What Advice Do I Give My Friend?

CharlieBeaU

10 hours ago, The509 said:

Newbee here- I’m in the exact situation with maybe a little more to spend.  I want the boat that does it all (and I still like to slalom) with the diamond hull. Oddly enough, I live in Spokane and had that Natique “saved” as a potential option but I still gravitate towards Malibu.  Still trying to narrow down what I want so I can move quickly when I find it.  Finding that “deal” is difficult because I have a hard time determining what the correct price should be.  Seems like a lot of inflated pricing out there.  Anyway, this thread has been really helpful in my research, so thanks to all.  I’ve been around boats my whole life but never owned my own ski boat...looking forward to that 23 LSV that will hopefully be sitting on my lift this summer.

Welcome to TMC.

I think as you've probably read in this thread the VLX is a great all around boat especially with the diamond hull. The 23 LSV might be a little tougher to get a good ski wake with but it's the boat I own and I absolutely love it. Perfect size for my family and friends, great surf wave, great wakeboard wake and just an all around great boat.

The search is a lot of fun. Hopefully we can help.