Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Texas Malibu Experience

Raffit78

On 12/13/2017 at 0:34 AM, Raffit78 said:

Before I get into the detail of my experience the last 4 months through Texas Malibu New Braunfels, anyone here have any personal experience buying a boat there? 

I would strongly recommend you go a little further North and buy from Tim Cvar or Frank Cvar at Waterski America in Lewisville.  They are one of the highest volume dealers in the country and their service is incredible.  I have bought 3 Malibus from them and have an '18 on order.  IXFE has a boat on order from them as well.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, shenard said:

I would strongly recommend you go a little further North and buy from Tim Cvar or Frank Cvar at Waterski America in Lewisville.  They are one of the highest volume dealers in the country and their service is incredible.  I have bought 3 Malibus from them and have an '18 on order.  IXFE has a boat on order from them as well.

WSA is a fantastic dealer. I say that having just arrived in DFW less than a year ago, so I’m definitely the new guy in town. They’ve treated me like long time customer and a member of their great family. Coming from a dealer that I loved in Portland, I was super nervous to make this transition. The folks at WSA made it easy!!  They happily serviced my out-of-market boat that I brought with me last summer.  They went to bat for me with the factory on an small issue with my trailer (what can I say... I have OCD). They stepped up and supported me with the sale of that boat, which was a super tricky transaction given some registration and title issues I experienced during my move. And yes, now I have a boat on order with them, as do many others on this forum. 

Im new so don’t understand how the territory thing works here, but if you can work with WSA trust me when I tell you that YOU SHOULD! 

• Like 3
On 12/13/2017 at 1:34 AM, Raffit78 said:

Before I get into the detail of my experience the last 4 months through Texas Malibu New Braunfels, anyone here have any personal experience buying a boat there? 

2 hours ago, Raffit78 said:

The boat has already been purchased but I certainly appreciate the feedback you guys are providing. 

I think you're safe, no fanboys coming out of the woodwork to back up that dealer.  Spill the story, maybe there's something we can help with before it's too late.

I've bought 4 boats from WSA...  So clearly I'm the next best expert on this forum behind Ronnie.... (that's a joke btw...but seriously - 4 boats!!). 

I think there is value in you sharing your experience with the Texas Malibu dealership.  Who knows - they might read this forum and feel like it would be worth their time to return your calls and get your boat fixed.  If not, at least you've let future boat buyers  know the experience that you have had.

I think that that I have read your story on a another forum.  Sorry that happened and it kills the stoke of a new boat.

10 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

^^^   :surprised:  Wow !  I could see how that might tend to irritate ya, ha.

Steve B.

Its stressful enough selling a boat knowing your new one is on order, And then this yahoo comes on and does that crap! I would never do that and especially to another Malibu supporter, thankfully I sold it somewhat local, I will never use Only inboards again.. 

31 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Its stressful enough selling a boat knowing your new one is on order, And then this yahoo comes on and does that crap! I would never do that and especially to another Malibu supporter, thankfully I sold it somewhat local, I will never use Only inboards again.. 

Why wouldn't you use OI again?  Wasn't it just the one weird sales guy causing the issue?  Sorry I'm slow. 

55 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

OK I will share...I thought it was a douche bag move when Clark one of the Sales guys go's on to Only inboards site and totally blows up my add, I had my 2015 22 VLX listed at 79900.00 He comes on and starts bashing it and posting that I would be lucky to get 69000.00 for it, Who does that! Found out he works for Texas Malibu, And them my peeps let him have it, Sold it for 79000.00 Jack Ask!  There got it off my chest! 

A dealer in California did this to me years ago when I was flipping a boat they had too many leftovers of. I will never forget. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gavin17 said:

Why wouldn't you use OI again?  Wasn't it just the one weird sales guy causing the issue?  Sorry I'm slow. 

I just feel the local options are a better solution, Opens you up to too many yahoos. I had quite a few unreasonable offers, People are more serious if they live close! 

I sold my 14 LSV within a month mid July-aug on CL . Had a few trade emails, but the Online resalers wanting to take a piece to find a buyer we’re the worst. Craigslist is a love hate relationship. 

i got top dollar for the LSV.

im gonna sell a couch this weekend if anyone’s interested ?? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wakesetter67 said:

OK I will share...I thought it was a douche bag move when Clark one of the Sales guys go's on to Only inboards site and totally blows up my add, I had my 2015 22 VLX listed at 79900.00 He comes on and starts bashing it and posting that I would be lucky to get 69000.00 for it, Who does that! Found out he works for Texas Malibu, And them my peeps let him have it, Sold it for 79000.00 Jack Ask!  There got it off my chest! 

Dumb question...what does 'blowing up my ad' mean?  He just sent you emails telling you how you were asking too much?  Or is there some way to publicly put that information on your ad?  Douche move, either way.  When I see an ad that is priced to high, I just click 'next'.  

My last boat sold via Craigslist.  Lots of crap to wade through these days when selling a boat.  I am not looking forward to doing it again.  

Edited by TallRedRider
8 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Dumb question...what does 'blowing up my ad' mean?  He just sent you emails telling you how you were asking too much?  Or is there some way to publicly put that information on your ad?  Douche move, either way.  When I see an ad that is priced to high, I just click 'next'.  

My last boat sold via Craigslist.  Lots of crap to wade through these days when selling a boat.  I am not looking forward to doing it again.  

Basically making fun and referencing another one of his buddy's to take a look at this, Totally mocking me, I have deleted it but when people message me about a guy blowing up my add Then I'm going to call him out which I did especially when I sold it a few days later!! Bottom line if you work at Malibu dealership and you act like that then your a Douche! 

10 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Basically making fun and referencing another one of his buddy's to take a look at this, Totally mocking me, I have deleted it but when people message me about a guy blowing up my add Then I'm going to call him out which I did especially when I sold it a few days later!! Bottom line if you work at Malibu dealership and you act like that then your a Douche! 

What site was he using?  I don't see anywhere on OI that someone can post on your ad.  

Agreed, total douche move on his part. 

6 hours ago, Kojak said:

What site was he using?  I don't see anywhere on OI that someone can post on your ad.  

Agreed, total douche move on his part. 

It was their FB addition, You can post on both!