Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV, 25LSV vs. G23 (or G25)

Monkeybutt

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

Are you thinking of a different boat? Check out pics of G’s on the water.

No, I am thinking about the same boat: G23. Compare the first picture of the back of a G23 in this thread to a "g23 on water" google image search. Especially this one https://suncountrymarine.com/boat-gallery-super-air-nautique-g23/

Looks like some ballast as the platform is "wet" compare to this one with water just under: 

11 minutes ago, billjames said:

No, I am thinking about the same boat: G23. Compare the first picture of the back of a G23 in this thread to a "g23 on water" google image search. Especially this one https://suncountrymarine.com/boat-gallery-super-air-nautique-g23/

Looks like some ballast as the platform is "wet" compare to this one with water just under: 

Thats a 2103 , there was an new 2016 HULL

Shes_Here_For_You.jpg

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2

Interesting @Stevo, the first link is for a 2016, and the platform is wet, so with ballast for sure. The one you posted looks more like the one in this thread at the beginning. I guess, we have to conclude that the ballast and people configuration have a great effect on how the boat sits on the water. I will put more emphasis on the ballast than on the people as I do not reminder being able to lower the platform with 2 people on it. However, I remember how wet the platform was when the ballasts were full (all of them). OP should test drive with its own configuration and see how it goes.

im not sure i would say it was a new hull, they change the front a bit to spray to help surfing and plowing through the water. the g platform has always stuck out of the water a good bit, 

27 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

im not sure i would say it was a new hull, they change the front a bit to spray to help surfing and plowing through the water. the g platform has always stuck out of the water a good bit, 

I was told they changed the back end as well to help with the nss. Don’t quote me on that though. 

6 hours ago, Monkeybutt said:

I wasn't complaining about the surf wake on the 23LSV - it was actually good and easy to dial in (if you can even call it 'dialing in' - because you eventually fill it up, adjust wedge and call it a day) ...

Well I’m glad you finally figured out the 23 LSV wave. I was worried about you after this thread...

4 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

I was told they changed the back end as well to help with the nss. Don’t quote me on that though. 

I don’t think they improved it in my comparison of an entire year in a 13’(posted 14 in error earlier) 23, 1 hour plus each in a new hull 17’ 23 snd 25 on the same day riding both regular snd goofy backside snd toeside on both sides and I didn’t like the result of the changes on the wave shape and push though the transfers were the same and the wave was still very good, the 25 being inefficient for the extra weight snd water displacement snd the wave formed compared to the 23

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

I don’t think they improved it in my comparison of an entire year in a 13’(posted 14 in error earlier) 23, 1 hour plus each in a new hull 17’ 23 snd 25 on the same day riding both regular snd goofy backside snd toeside on both sides and I didn’t like the result of the changes on the wave shape and push though the transfers were the same and the wave was still very good, the 25 being inefficient for the extra weight snd water displacement snd the wave formed compared to the 23

A little difficult to interpret there what you're saying, but I think I agree.  I owned a 15 and 16.  The front and rear both changed.  I cannot tell any difference in the surf wave, but other guys swear that they can.  The spray is so much less.  I couldn't wait to get rid of the 15 because I was constantly wet in the boat from the spray.  

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Well I’m glad you finally figured out the 23 LSV wave. I was worried about you after this thread...

Yup figured it out and didn’t spend 6 figures by the way 😜

10 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

A little difficult to interpret there what you're saying, but I think I agree.  I owned a 15 and 16.  The front and rear both changed.  I cannot tell any difference in the surf wave, but other guys swear that they can.  The spray is so much less.  I couldn't wait to get rid of the 15 because I was constantly wet in the boat from the spray.  

I think the 14 with the 2:1 tranny is the sweet spot for a G, snd after 100 hours on the 13’, I do believe the waves were not quite the same on 17

and yes we used to get sprayed sometimes on windy days, small price for a great wave

Edited by granddaddy55

I rode both the 25LSV half the summer and the G23 the rest of the summer.

surfwake 25lsv ! Longer and bigger !

wakeboarding the 25LSV is clean from 18 mph !! The G23 needs 21 mph and over .

the 25LSV has a long transition with plenty of pop with and without the wedge down,

The G23 you can get a bigger wakeboard wake out of it only because it holds more weight in factory tanks.. if u have plug and play on the 25 LSV   Then it's better then the G in both .

and the prop snapped on the G23 again this summer...

• Like 3

If the G23 can get draft down to 24-25" by filling the forward ballast.  Is the 25 LSV able to get to the same?  The draft seams to be the crucial piece of the equation.   More so than wake, wave and ride. 

5 hours ago, Yourmom said:

If the G23 can get draft down to 24-25" by filling the forward ballast.  Is the 25 LSV able to get to the same?  The draft seams to be the crucial piece of the equation.   More so than wake, wave and ride. 

Anxious to try.. when parked at Sandbar I'm cautious to have 4-6" clearance in case some surfer comes close and throws a roller our way.. but filling front would at least limit the cavitation in the rear I would think.. will be interesting to try

On 2017-12-12 at 1:31 PM, billjames said:

That G23 for sure has all stock ballast full. Mine looks exactly like that when it’s weighted.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, nohlan4 said:

That G23 for sure has all stock ballast full. Mine looks exactly like that when it’s weighted.

That’s 2800 lbs so it doesn’t sink, spent 100+ hours on a 13