Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV Color Opinions Wanted

Ridebutter

Good call on the white tower, I said I wouldn't do it again after the white tower on my A22, but with the gunmetal pipe on the leading edge, bugs will be easier to clean off.   

That white tower is going to set this thing off, thanks for the feedback.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ridebutter said:

Good call on the white tower, I said I wouldn't do it again after the white tower on my A22, but with the gunmetal pipe on the leading edge, bugs will be easier to clean off.   

That white tower is going to set this thing off, thanks for the feedback.

U could fold down when trailering if u make a 2*4 support or something like they do from Factory

I would strongly suggest using a white dash accent in a white hull boat. The passenger area under the glass will be white fiberglass and the only thing on the drivers side helm area you can do to coordinate is a white accent. The black dash stands out against white fiberglass, consider white accent for dash...

59FEB3AD-9BD5-4F9A-8814-DC5C90C29D99.jpeg

C8CDF59F-26D8-4178-9847-8D8B4CF1BC72.jpeg

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Actually I would avoid white vinyl on a primarily white boat.  Malibu's white vinyl isn't white at all; it's cream.  On a dark boat it has the illusion of white because you're not seeing up against white gel coat.  But when you put in next to white gel coat (which is a true white), the white vinyl looks dirty.  

I don't see this as an issue.

35 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Actually I would avoid white vinyl on a primarily white boat.  Malibu's white vinyl isn't white at all; it's cream.  On a dark boat it has the illusion of white because you're not seeing up against white gel coat.  But when you put in next to white gel coat (which is a true white), the white vinyl looks dirty.  

This is a great example of a very informative and constructive post! I love reading replys with positive motives and genuine desire to help the OP! Well done @IXFE!

I actually posted this before I saw the previous reply, it was no dig at Ronnie!

Edited by Wavemaker
  • Like 2

No dig taken, or given. I just don’t see the white vinyl as looking dirty. The vinyl changes every few years but it’s never been Snow White. I’ve had several boats with white gel against white vinyl and never had it looked or called dirty. 😜

7FCD361E-2543-4294-9FB7-E53F91608B0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

so true! my previous boat had white upper deck and the cream-white looked stained, it bugged me every time i looked at it since the vinyl always looked dirty compared to the pure white fiberglass. it makes the interior look dated/used/old. i'm frankly shocked that bu still does not have a pure white vinyl yet? 

Anyhow go with some grays + black for vinyl it will look much better!

luckily my UD is blue and the light grays help make the small amounts of cream white look whiter but look at the tower vs the cream white below it... if your UD is white it will bug you big time and always look dirty... 

cream-vs-white.jpg

What about Moonbeam gel coat? Is that closer to a cream or an off white? Or dos anyone what tint it is, if its on the grey side or a tan side? Cant really tell on the computer screen when building a boat.

53 minutes ago, Choiceind said:

What about Moonbeam gel coat? Is that closer to a cream or an off white? Or dos anyone what tint it is, if its on the grey side or a tan side? Cant really tell on the computer screen when building a boat.

Moonbeam gel coat I s a very light gray. Not tan at all. It actually matches the moonbeam vinyl very well!

See the bow pic below... that’s moonbeam gel and vinyl up next to each other. There is no white on that boat at all (inside or out). 

FF540B0C-71F1-4639-8B48-5EF43AE1D02E.jpeg

222E2F5A-0D69-4B66-9350-7D6E91508861.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
58 minutes ago, Choiceind said:

My seats above are moonbeam the slightly gray which I like with graphite accent and black panel sides.. interior main white is my least favorite part as it shows dirt the most.. and isn't pure white.. 

boat-spec-2.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
3 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I would strongly suggest using a white dash accent in a white hull boat. The passenger area under the glass will be white fiberglass and the only thing on the drivers side helm area you can do to coordinate is a white accent. The black dash stands out against white fiberglass, consider white accent for dash...

59FEB3AD-9BD5-4F9A-8814-DC5C90C29D99.jpeg

C8CDF59F-26D8-4178-9847-8D8B4CF1BC72.jpeg

I didn’t plan on white vinyl, but the white accent might be a nice touch.  Guess I need to sit in one when I pick out my vinyl colors to see what surfaces it’s against.  Thanks @IXFEfor the caution about the cream color. Vapor blue accent would break it up as well I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Ridebutter said:

I didn’t plan on white vinyl, but the white accent might be a nice touch.  Guess I need to sit in one when I pick out my vinyl colors to see what surfaces it’s against.  Thanks @IXFEfor the caution about the cream color. Vapor blue accent would break it up as well I suppose.

Thats Moonbeam and light graphite..

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

My example was actually Moonbeam and light Graphite

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

I agree.  My previous boat was a bayliner with pure white seats, was always surprised how dirty looking Malibu white is.

54 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Moonbeam gel coat I s a very light gray. Not tan at all. It actually matches the moonbeam vinyl very well!

See the bow pic below... that’s moonbeam gel and vinyl up next to each other. There is no white on that boat at all (inside or out). 

FF540B0C-71F1-4639-8B48-5EF43AE1D02E.jpeg

222E2F5A-0D69-4B66-9350-7D6E91508861.jpeg

Thanx for the infoand for adding pic!!