Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Full graphics kit

JSaxman6

Hey everyone,

need a hand figuring out where to get the factory graphics set for my boat. I have a 2005 wakesetter 23LSV, and the previous owner put aftermarket stuff on it that I don’t love. I’ve been searching online but can’t find what I’m looking for. I believe that year had the tribal decal on the sides and transom. Anyone know how to order the complete set? 

According to the brochure in the resources section your boat probabaly had the same tribal decals mine did.  2006 went to a different tribal pattern with flames? on one side of the malibu.  Removing them was my top priority when I bought the boat.  The old decals were a dripped molded malibu OVER a flat vinyl tribal piece. Domed numbers can make the drip molded Malibu decals but I'm not sure where to get the flat vinyl tribal decals.  I also think you should reconsider putting the tribal stuff back on but it's your boat.  If nothing else a local sign shop could make them from a high resolution image.  

XjFRLaF.jpg

On 12/9/2017 at 7:41 AM, oldjeep said:

12 year old decal sets might not go on very well if you find an old stock set.  Has to be the first time I've heard of someone wanting to put tribal back on.

greatlakesskipper.com would be another place to look.

^this^

Decals have a "shelf life". You'd play hell getting them on there.

40 minutes ago, Gavin17 said:

Bakes has the transom one.  https://www.bakesonline.com/decal-wakesetter-transom-decal-black-silver-04-05.html

Please don't buy it. 

LMAO! "Please don't buy it"

It's your boat, so do whatever you please. I will say, the graphics delete was the first thing I did after the maiden voyage.

Edited by anotherrunner83
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks y'all!

I have a friend who can print flat vinyl, but It just doesn't look as nice as the raised graphics that come on the Malibu's. I took off the tribal and put the Wakesetter graphic on. Here's the "before and after” It looks good, but I'd like to find a graphic that doesn't look quite so aftermarket. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll look into these other options! :) 

19437586_10156459774753508_8188685447085

21752305_10156825294853508_2968001096975

Edited by JSaxman6

Lol, then the next look is the torn, gouged graphic from bumping a dock or trailer guide.

I couldn't peel that tribal look off mine fast enough. And then do something remotely unique on the blank slate.