Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Metal Flake vs Flat Paint - POLL

Wavemaker

Metal Flake or Flat Paint  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like metal flake paint on wakeboard boats?

• Yes, I like a little metal flake on wake boats!
    • No, I prefer to leave the metal flake to the bass boats.
    • Go Big or go home! A lot of metal flake or none at all!

On 1/15/2018 at 6:14 PM, JeffC said:

I am in the camp of a little flake goes a long way, but to each their own.   Designed this from the ground up, must have done a couple dozen different schemes before I settled on this.   Personally, I think it pops, especially on a sunny Colorado summer day, and ESPECIALLY on the water.   The white tower was my stretch, not the flake.   Im glad I did it tho.

KB1qZ0zl.jpg

Went to the Denver Boat show this weekend, there was a LOT of flake in the building.   Clearly it sells (or at least draws), including a hot pink flake malibu that completely polarized people - either people loved it, or hated it.   It was not my cup of tea.   Im sure mine probably screams old fart owns me, but I dont really care, I only have to please me.  :cheers:  

Your boat is classy. I'd buy it. Some days I prefer the classy ones and some days the crazy ones. I wouldn't mind pink or purple flake but I would be scared of resale issues.  

On 1/18/2018 at 6:46 PM, Gavin17 said:

Your boat is classy. I'd buy it. Some days I prefer the classy ones and some days the crazy ones. I wouldn't mind pink or purple flake but I would be scared of resale issues.  

Thanks, that is good to hear, it was the look I was after - it really was not a resale issue, as I intend to keep this for a long time.  I was after ... timeless... 

Having the boat back at the house last weekend with some great weather to clean and condition the vinyl made me long for the lake.   Holy cow, spend a warm saturday on the boat with the tunes cranked even if it is only cleaning just make me crazy for the lake!

Nice boat  @ahopkinsTXi   Agreeed. When flake done correctly it’s sharp.   My new to me 2015 TXI.   I was not sure about flake at first either till I saw this one and few others.   Sun hits it and gives different colors, can hide water spots.

Wish I had this private lake.  

6C01AE42-48D0-4984-9562-3411C7DE0460.jpeg

7A51BE8A-ADD3-41D0-A295-1D17A9BBDFE2.jpeg

Edited by moski
  • Like 3