Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Metal Flake vs Flat Paint - POLL

Wavemaker

Metal Flake or Flat Paint  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like metal flake paint on wakeboard boats?

• Yes, I like a little metal flake on wake boats!
    • No, I prefer to leave the metal flake to the bass boats.
    • Go Big or go home! A lot of metal flake or none at all!

4 hours ago, Stevo said:

Anyone wanna go fishin?? This baby get me from Basshole to basshole in style

58B3F22B-9DED-4D55-91CE-0F03B018314F.jpeg

Those rack thingys would be good to hold your fishing rod. I bet you have at least 4 live wells too. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Bass boats aren't the only things that are metal flake, back in the '60s when I was kid, the seat on my bike was metal flake.  Kind of like this one:

https://www.bicycleheaven.org/products/bicycle-banana-seat-green-metal-flake-huffy-sears-bicycle-heaven-museum-item

1_e5a17242-7b72-426d-a833-639a9114f542_1

UMMMMM......

1 hour ago, MadMan said:

Bass boats aren't the only things that are metal flake, back in the '60s when I was kid, the seat on my bike was metal flake.  Kind of like this one:

https://www.bicycleheaven.org/products/bicycle-banana-seat-green-metal-flake-huffy-sears-bicycle-heaven-museum-item

1_e5a17242-7b72-426d-a833-639a9114f542_1

Next trend in Mastercraft vinyl collection. See it new on the 2019 models. 

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

Did somebody say PINK?

1570C0F7-1672-4136-A62A-89EA08CF4A46.jpeg

6C318031-FA0B-483D-B063-C25A7483FF3E.jpeg

Ahh darn u guys.. gonna go broke.. 

We have a purple one on our lake, looks sharp but doesn't sparke as much as the lighter blue.. the pink would be sick!  

On 12/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, Wakesetter67 said:

My Last 2015, Really loved the accent, New one screams Flake! MG4273.jpg23472789102123662489.jpg

What polish do you use?  The black 2015 looks impressive!

44 minutes ago, Dunski said:

What polish do you use?  The black 2015 looks impressive!

I use the Performance Boat Candy products, Wax it twice a year with Crystal Gloss Wax and then Every time and I mean every time I pull the boat out of the water, My crew wipes it down dry and then I go over it with their Performance Boat Candy Speed Gloss, It's a hard water spot remove + has a bit of spray on wax in it, I personally think that's why it looks the way it does, and that was after 3 seasons, I prefer the Speed gloss over any other product and yes I have just about used them all, and if one were better then the speed gloss I would be using it!! 

47 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I use the Performance Boat Candy products, Wax it twice a year with Crystal Gloss Wax and then Every time and I mean every time I pull the boat out of the water, My crew wipes it down dry and then I go over it with their Performance Boat Candy Speed Gloss, It's a hard water spot remove + has a bit of spray on wax in it, I personally think that's why it looks the way it does, and that was after 3 seasons, I prefer the Speed gloss over any other product and yes I have just about used them all, and if one were better then the speed gloss I would be using it!! 

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  We used the hot sauce products last season.  I was happy with the exterior products and thought the interior were lacking. I'll order some and try it on our new boat this year!

18 hours ago, Dunski said:

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  We used the hot sauce products last season.  I was happy with the exterior products and thought the interior were lacking. I'll order some and try it on our new boat this year!

I use to use Hot sauce, But for me the Boat candy speed gloss worked better, I did a side by Side trial at Shasta Lake Ca , That lake always kicked my boats butt when it came to hard baked on water spots, Before Speed gloss I had to have my Black boat buffed out each year we went there, But since the Boat Candy Speed Gloss it took off about 95% and you could barley see the rest, And then every time I used it the boat looked better and better, But you have to be diligent, Black is not a color..... Its a job! 

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...

I am in the camp of a little flake goes a long way, but to each their own.   Designed this from the ground up, must have done a couple dozen different schemes before I settled on this.   Personally, I think it pops, especially on a sunny Colorado summer day, and ESPECIALLY on the water.   The white tower was my stretch, not the flake.   Im glad I did it tho.

KB1qZ0zl.jpg

Went to the Denver Boat show this weekend, there was a LOT of flake in the building.   Clearly it sells (or at least draws), including a hot pink flake malibu that completely polarized people - either people loved it, or hated it.   It was not my cup of tea.   Im sure mine probably screams old fart owns me, but I dont really care, I only have to please me.  :cheers: