Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Metal Flake vs Flat Paint - POLL

Wavemaker

Metal Flake or Flat Paint  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like metal flake paint on wakeboard boats?

• Yes, I like a little metal flake on wake boats!
    • No, I prefer to leave the metal flake to the bass boats.
    • Go Big or go home! A lot of metal flake or none at all!

Metal flake or Flat paint? This has probably been discussed to exhaustion in the past, but trends keep on a changing!  At first I didn't really like the look of the metal flake paint, but it has really grown on me and I think I like the look of a little metal flake as an accent or even main color.  What say y'all?

Edited by Wavemaker
1 minute ago, isellacuras said:

IMHO, I think go big or go home on flake.  Not a fan of a little flake.

I've edited the answers to include your preference! Didn't even think of all or nothing :salute:

I like flake when done as an accent. I skipped it on my order because I didn't want to add any unnecessary cost to the build, but that stratosphere blue box was sooo tempting to check!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

I've edited the answers to include your preference! Didn't even think of all or nothing :salute:

Not sure all flake is what i like. I just like it when the main panel (at least) is flake. Not a fan of the swoosh or small accent only in flake. I would never order a purple boat but i love looking at the purple flake. 

• Like 1

Some will say to go with a more classic look so the boat does not look dated but in my opinion older boats look dated no matter the color.  Looking at white 2010 Malibu or Axis and they look dated already. 

Just as long as it's not a skittles boat they all look good.  

My last boat had just a touch which I really liked, My new one has quite a bit more, I will be honest it takes some getting use to, as most of my boats have been mostly black with just some accent  flake. But the more I see mine and in the sun, I really like this combo! So More is good,  

One thing I have noticed in talking to dozens of people about these new boats at the boat shows. 99% of the people that don't like flake and use the term, "Fishing Boat", are the ones that own older boats and don't/can't upgrade to the newer boats. Might should add to the poll, "Do you own a boat with flake"?

• Like 2

i think it depends on the contrast of flake color vs adjoining colors. the Yellow near black didnt have much pop, some of the charcoal flake on dark boats does not pop as much IMO either. so it just depends. Granted beaming sunlight shinning right on it will always help!

now if they only did PINK flake the wife would be happy! 

4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

i think it depends on the contrast of flake color vs adjoining colors. the Yellow near black didnt have much pop, some of the charcoal flake on dark boats does not pop as much IMO either. so it just depends. Granted beaming sunlight shinning right on it will always help!

now if they only did PINK flake the wife would be happy! 

They do have pink flake... 

https://goo.gl/images/tpX7VW

This is hilarious, it used to be any metal flake = wally....

no respectible onboard owner would ever enter the conversation, then came V-drives....

now the devil is winning the poll.

I'm thankful my boat doesn't have flake.  The small repairs I've done to my hull would have been a nightmare to blend.

Looks good either way to me.  I imagine flake costs a lot more, but with folks spending 100k + on new boats I suppose it's insignificant if you have that budget.

Edited by Pra4sno
20 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Anyone wanna go fishin?? This baby get me from Basshole to basshole in style

58B3F22B-9DED-4D55-91CE-0F03B018314F.jpeg

Stripers are still biting. Take a break and surf between tides😂😎

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Looks great.

Is that silver metallic or charcoal metallic?

I bet that boat has been FULL OF BASSHOLE'S... 

Edited by ConnollyCrew