Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how do you fill up your boat...

agarabaghi

That's how I fill mine when I leave it at the lake.  Bring 30 gallons with me & use my siphon hose.  Bought a siphon hose for our bug out kit too.  I should probably find where I put it in case I actually have to bug out....

22 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Nice walk.  Hard to fill a boat with empty gas cans though. 

haha good eye ;) 

We filmed the rider doing it before the morning set, will prob use his shot for a clip... then then asked the gf to to mess around so i could fly and film while waiting to go back out

• Like 2

I have a 900 gallon underground tank down by the dock. Long hose with a regular auto shutoff nozzle. 

I wish I had called the local fuel company years ago..... they loaned me the tank, installed it for free, and charge me the same price as a gas station pays, as long as I order 700+ gallons at a time, which works out to be about 1 delivery per year.

Last time I refilled, they charged me $2.22/gallon for 91 non-ethanol. At the time, pump price at the local gas stations was $2.49 for 91 with ethanol.

If any of you regularly burn more than 500 gallons per season, I would definitely recommend calling your local fuel supplier. They might be more than happy to work with you, and a lot of states have very little regulations on fuel tanks under 1000 gallons in residential use.

Nice cans....🤣😂

26 gallon gas caddy.  Roll it down to the dock, lower the boat a little, open the valve and let gravity do the rest while I have an end of the day beer.  

My Vride has a 35 gallon tank.  Rarely do we burn through a tank in a day.  Place at the lake with neighbor's, pontoons, golf carts etc so plenty to do up there.  Even if we do burn through a full tank, the caddy gets me to 3/4 tank which is fine for the next day. 

1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I have a 900 gallon underground tank down by the dock. Long hose with a regular auto shutoff nozzle. 

I wish I had called the local fuel company years ago..... they loaned me the tank, installed it for free, and charge me the same price as a gas station pays, as long as I order 700+ gallons at a time, which works out to be about 1 delivery per year.

Last time I refilled, they charged me $2.22/gallon for 91 non-ethanol. At the time, pump price at the local gas stations was $2.49 for 91 with ethanol.

If any of you regularly burn more than 500 gallons per season, I would definitely recommend calling your local fuel supplier. They might be more than happy to work with you, and a lot of states have very little regulations on fuel tanks under 1000 gallons in residential use.

Do you get it priced WITHOUT road taxes included? 

10 hours ago, formulaben said:

Do you get it priced WITHOUT road taxes included? 

I believe there is no road tax charged, and non applicable for pleasure boat use. This setup saves me about $1500/year compared to buying at the marina.

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Our houseboat is an older one with not as much fuel capacity as we would like.  Our solution is to bring fuel in 25 and 35 gallon plastic barrels (they were originally used to store soap at a car wash), along with this pump.  https://smile.amazon.com/Fill-Rite-FR1210G-Transfer-Telescoping-Delivery/dp/B0000AX0XA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512577025&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=electric+fuel+transfer+pump+for+diesel+and+gas&psc=1

It is a bit of a process, but it beats carrying 50 of the 5 gallon cans.

8 hours ago, RevWil said:

6 gallon cans using a 1" shaker siphon. Takes less than a minute per can. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200639248_200639248

I use the same method: a 1" siphon.  Mine is a "safety siphon" I bought off of amazon.  The 1" is the max you can fit into the Malibu.  It's faster to empty than it is to fill it at the pump.