Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Older 24MXZ compared to Axis A24

atropine

Hi everyone-  I am considering replacing my 2004 23LSV with a newer, 24’ boat with Surf Gate.  A friend of mine bought a 2014 Axis A24 last year and I really love the size/storage space of the boat and the wake/wave it produces.  But I don’t know much about the 24MXZ’s.  How does the wake/wave of a 2013 MXZ compared with the 2014 A24?  What about interior size?  I believe both boats have the same length and beam, but what about freeboard height?  The A24 felt noticeably “taller” than my 23LSV while on the water and I’m wondering if the 24MXZ feels the same?  I think I have a pretty good idea on the differences in fit and finish and electronics and bling between these boats.  Anything newer than about a 2014 is going to be out of my price range...

If you can afford the 2018 axis go that way and don’t look back. I was wondering the same thing about the older mxz and it sucks at surfing. 

Never mind, I see 2014. If you’re in that price range go for an lsv. 

Edited by Cole2001

Budget is under 75k.  I have talked with a couple sellers on 2014 A24's; both have been in the 65k range.  There are a few 2013 24 MXZ's I have seen advertised in the 75-80k range that have reasonably low hours and nice options.  That is why I am specifically wondering about the hull shape and freeboard depth of these 2 particular models.

5 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

If you can afford the 2018 axis go that way and don’t look back. I was wondering the same thing about the older mxz and it sucks at surfing. 

I disagree.  You have to figure out the right weight mix.  If you are just trying the factory settings (including plug-in-play) or don't have it set up properly, the wave is bad.  If you know the approximate formula, I'd say the wave is one of the better that I have surfed.

My 22MXZ has more freeboard than your 2004, but I am not sure of the difference between the mxz and a24 freeboard.

3 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

I disagree.  You have to figure out the right weight mix.  If you are just trying the factory settings (including plug-in-play) or don't have it set up properly, the wave is bad.  If you know the approximate formula, I'd say the wave is one of the better that I have surfed.

Find me a good picture of a 24mxz wave. 

1 hour ago, DarkSide said:

Ask and ye shall receive

20160707_073603.jpg

Hes so far away from the boat... hes not going to be able to talk to the ppl in the boat. Thats an awful wave, i thought boating was supposed to be a social event. Probably has a sac up front and going way to fast. This guy needs to slow down and put tons more weight in the rear for heavens sake

• Like 3