Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Dash

Toymanator

Does anyone have any pictures of the new "redesigned" 2018 T22 dash? I am a few hours away from my Axis dealer and would like to understand what the 2018 dash looks like. A few other questions, does the Axis line have rider profiles/presets? 

Not much use to have rider profiles. If you have an idea what you are doing everyone will be riding the same loaded down or no ballast at all. I usually rotate through the riders that use ballast then the ones that don't or the other way around. It still will take time to dump and fill with presets.  

8 hours ago, Choiceind said:

Check on onlyinboards.com 18',, Im considering an 18 too. looks like the glove box is flush which is cool. 

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2018-Axis-T22-for-sale-Fort-Smith-Arkansas-72739.aspx  

https://www.onlyinboards.com/218-Axis-T22-for-sale-Raleigh-North-Carolina-72297.aspx

I'm probably late to the party here... but whats the point of having a hatch in the swim platform with PW2? I noticed the newer Malibu's don't have it anymore...

24 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I could be wrong, but I think the manual wedge may still be an option?

Definitely still an option on Axis. Not sure on Malibu but not many get ordered with it if it is. 

24 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I could be wrong, but I think the manual wedge may still be an option?

Pw2 and floating manual wedge are options on Axis. A lot of very early '18's have the manual wedge

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 9:19 AM, MattyICE15 said:

I'm probably late to the party here... but whats the point of having a hatch in the swim platform with PW2? I noticed the newer Malibu's don't have it anymore...

One platform to manufacture in a budget driven line instead of 2, lesser cost structure for the entire line

Edited by granddaddy55
13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

One platform to manufacture in a budget driven line instead of 2, lesser cost structure for the entire line

If the '18 Axis is ordered with PW2, it does not have the door on the platform.

1 minute ago, robbennett said:

They could have been just using platforms they already had early on. My 06 Malibu with power wedge had the door probably because it was an early build and that was the first year. 

That would be my guess as well. 

10 hours ago, vanamp said:

What is a little odd is that the Axis promo boat (the one in all their new T22 marketing) has the door.  Did they really build their promo boat without power wedge?

Yes. Look at the dash on it... no "home" button or PW adjustment... Crazy right?

49 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Yes. Look at the dash on it... no "home" button or PW adjustment... Crazy right?

Kinda makes sense if you think about it. Make a T22 well equipped but not loaded to the gills to show that not all Axis boats are a $100k  A24. 

7 minutes ago, Toymanator said:

Does it bug anyone else that Axis is the only "budget" brand without an LED display? 

Not one bit.  The draw for me is less about budget and more about reliability.  I can deal with a bad switch when on a lake vacation.  Bad LCD could ruin weekend at the cabin. 

Now take into account a budget boat brand would add budget LCD really scares me.

In my experience when you buy any sort of budget brand product that has all of the bells and whistles, the bells and whistles tend to be cheap and poorly implemented. 

• Like 3

2018 dash has the recessed glove box but the standard dash from the 2017 on the driver side. the push pads are different depending if you get the PW2 or not. If you get the power wedge you get a home button, wedge up and down as well. 

I like the dash the way it is but in all seriousness a sightly larger color screen for the cruise control and information would be nice. The one on the Moomba and NXT Mastercrafts is much nicer. Not really much more that can go wrong either as it's just bigger and color. No touchscreen desired for me. 

Yea I can see them adding something like the smaller Malibu one eventually. Personally I think the dashes are super cool for the first 15mins ... then it’s like meh whatever. Would rather pw2 than touch screen. Wonder if eventually maliview will be an option

My question is what how long do the boat companies plan on supporting the software in these boats?  In ten years if you need a new LCD where do you find a ten year old technology type product?  Replacing it with a current generation LCD would probably require a software update and I don't really see the boat companies wanting to update ten year old technology to make your old boat work again. 

I dabble in software development and think I could figure something out but I see all this tech in boats is going to get messy in the future.