Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best boat for 85K?

TallRedRider

13 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I have already sold it.  For more than 120K.  I may be kicking myself later, but we will see.  I think that I am seeing some signs that the boat market is already beginning to normalize.  It feels like there are more boats on the market than 2 weeks ago.  Some of the asking prices are just ridiculous, but my gestalt is that there are a lot more boats for sale, which is going to bring the prices down as summer drags on.  Some folks who impulsively got into the boating thing 2 months ago are starting to see 9 long months of payments for 3 months of use.  

Or it is just the normal cycle of people who buy a new one every year starting to list them.

I also think there’s a growing awareness among current boat owners of their newfound wealth and some are tempted to sell for more than they ever dreamed possible. Had a friend with a 2010 23 LSV, that he’s into for $62k after some ballast upgrades, call me yesterday. @IXFE knows the boat. 

His neighbor has told him to name his price and he’ll give it to him since he can’t find a boat that hasn’t gone pending. He’s realized he’s can sell to the neighbor for $65k, get his last 3 years of boating almost paid for, and still be friends.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NWBU said:

I also think there’s a growing awareness among current boat owners of their newfound wealth and some are tempted to sell for more than they ever dreamed possible. Had a friend with a 2010 23 LSV, that he’s into for $62k after some ballast upgrades, call me yesterday. @IXFE knows the boat. 

His neighbor has told him to name his price and he’ll give it to him since he can’t find a boat that hasn’t gone pending. He’s realized he’s can sell to the neighbor for $65k, get his last 3 years of boating almost paid for, and still be friends.

I love that boat!  Glad to hear it finally got the ballast upgrades it deserved.  Did they ever get the surf wave dialed / see the potential of that hull?

24EABDC9-8971-4FD1-B063-EE7F2EB7D146.jpeg

12 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I love that boat!  Glad to hear it finally got the ballast upgrades it deserved.  Did they ever get the surf wave dialed / see the potential of that hull?

24EABDC9-8971-4FD1-B063-EE7F2EB7D146.jpeg

Yep, it’s dialed in and fun to ride. From last weekend.
87933CB7-54C2-4FAF-A904-44B6A470E941.thumb.jpeg.0bd00bb19ed0611efdec3c35cc7ffffc.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, DTFox said:

I just went and built both an Axis A22 and A24 with my dealer yesterday. After demoing them both, seeing the build quality, and comparing it to my neighbors 2020 23LSV I'm very confident with my Axis purchase. The 2021's are really nice boats, my A22 build which was essentially checking every box, upgrading everything, and the M6 motor was in the low 100's with everything baked in. I have no doubt you could pick a few less options and end up with a way nice boat in your price range.

Just curious what kind of discount they are offering you with a 2021 build? I'm assuming low 100's was MSRP.

I really wish I would have bought last year, seems I have no negotiating leverage right now due to low inventory.  

On 7/25/2020 at 9:11 PM, TallRedRider said:

I have already sold it.  For more than 120K.  I may be kicking myself later, but we will see.  I think that I am seeing some signs that the boat market is already beginning to normalize.  It feels like there are more boats on the market than 2 weeks ago.  Some of the asking prices are just ridiculous, but my gestalt is that there are a lot more boats for sale, which is going to bring the prices down as summer drags on.  Some folks who impulsively got into the boating thing 2 months ago are starting to see 9 long months of payments for 3 months of use.  

I hope you are right about prices normalizing. Looking at getting back into boating (miss my old sunsetter lx) for the past 2 years and finally convinced the wife a boat is a good idea. I'm not looking at anything close to what you guys are (2011-2015 a20) but to see the 35%+ jump in price of used boats hurts. Starting to see prices fall but not to where they were before. Was hoping to get something soon to use for a month or 2 before the season ends, but I might have to wait until winter.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:22 AM, greg2222 said:

accualy I think you wrong , not sure what boat you have currently but I had Tige, G23 ,MXZ  and now M240 . So I can complain for engine little noise and wave smaller then Malibu but build quality is 2nd place mastercraft . I just got ATX as 2nd spare boat in case there is issue with other boat and I'm extremely surprised about quality ,design and functionality of this boats for about $75k , you can surf and wake board or even ski !! I'm not pro with wakeboarding and ATX is much better boat for beginners .

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2742.JPG

Dayum

39 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

I have no negotiating leverage right now due to low inventory.  

Correct - but wait amonth or two.  There will be great deals on new and used.

9 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Fwiw, my dealer called to see if we would be interested to trade ours in, offered nearly 10k more than we paid..... 

But will he charge you 10k more for the new boat lol

46 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Absolutely, but i am not looking to increase the budget at all right now.

As long as it’s not 10k over priced. We had a dealer that would give you 10kcmore for your trade in but the charge 10k more for boats than market value etc