Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody knows something about these boats?

Monkeybutt

Second boat is brand new. Both are beautiful.

While I'm not normally one to buy things with someone else's name on them I don't really mind the Soven graphics on it either. Curious that an unsold 17 was ordered with those from 2015.

Edited by jk13

There are a several 24 MXZ's available. Check with Boulder Boats, they are selling a a lightly used 17' 24 mxz as well.. I bet @NAW may know something about this boat...

Edited by ConnollyCrew
2 hours ago, jk13 said:

Second boat is brand new. Both are beautiful.

While I'm not normally one to buy things with someone else's name on them I don't really mind the Soven graphics on it either. Curious that a 17 was ordered with those from 2015.

that's why I'm wondering about the 2nd boat - why would a Mastercraft dealer have a brand new Malibu?

18 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

There are a several 24 MXZ's available. Check with Boulder Boats, they are selling a a lightly used 17' 24 mxz as well.. I bet @NAW may know something about this boat...

well a friend of mine brought up an interesting point ... has this boat been in the hurricane flooding?  I refer to the one at SMG

Edited by Monkeybutt
missing info
24 minutes ago, Monkeybutt said:

well a friend of mine brought up an interesting point ... has this boat been in the hurricane flooding?  I refer to the one at SMG

Shouldn't have been any involved. When I was buying my t23 from SMG in Atlanta they showed pics of the Texas store and all of the boats were moved. Anything left was in the building which sits up higher. This was immediately after the hurricane. 

Edited by robbennett
34 minutes ago, robbennett said:

Shouldn't have been any involved. When I was buying my t23 from SMG in Atlanta they showed pics of the Texas store and all of the boats were moved. Anything left was in the building which sits up higher. This was immediately after the hurricane. 

doesn't mean that the boat was already in their possession when the hurricane hit - boat hasn't been listed until 11/11/17 ...

SMG has two locations in Conroe... Lessons learned from last years flood, they moved the boats up to the new facility (from my understanding) Last year they did sell some of the flood boats but were sold as flood boats with no factory warranty and highly reduced prices and rest were handled by a insurance claim... Most boats in last year flood at SMG received damaged from floating in parking lot... impacts from obstacles and other boats... I personally cannot assure that the mentioned boat was flood damaged but I would feel confident enough if the claim it was not... I have no association with them... but I have bought boats from them and have had repairs/maintenance  performed by them and they were always up front with me... My boat was at their facility in the flood last year, and they called me to pre-warn that I might have lost my boat.. Once they gained access to the facility they called me again to state mine was in the bay where no flooding took place.

1 hour ago, Monkeybutt said:

If  I remember correctly, SMG posted that all of the boats were secure during all of this. I believe this was the first 24MXZ they received and used it as a dealer demo. They made a video with the boat shortly after receiving it last year(fall 2016). Check out their youtube Channel. 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
4 hours ago, Suggy said:

Have you check this one out? It just got posted and seems pretty loaded, has the 575 but no G4. https://www.onlyinboards.com/IMG-2547.JPG-for-sale-Walloon-Lake-Michigan-72406.aspx

Not liking color scheme at all and don’t care for the 575 either because this is exactly where a lot of money goes but hard to recover later.

as some of you may have noticed I sold my 2017 23lsv - for various reasons but number 1 was the bow rise. I'm aware that the 2018 has improved but the interior wasn’t big enough so I’m looking for either a 25lsv or a 24mxz. I’m also aware of the price difference between the two so the one in Texas looks really good to me.  My dealer has a 2018 24mxz to sell with 7 hours (not demo - owner needs to sell) and it has all the options but the colors ... everything white and then lime green stripes ... and it also has the 575 ... but if I’d buy new I would pay little over that one and have transferable warranty.  So the 130k range is out if it’s not brand new.

unfortunately there’s no 25lsv out there in the same price range - that would lower the price quite a bit.  So I keep looking and talking to my dealer as well ...

Edited by Monkeybutt
Spelling
1 minute ago, Monkeybutt said:

Not liking color scheme at all and don’t care for the 575 either because this is exactly where a lot of money goes but hardly recover later.

But that one is used, typically the person that loses the most on the supercharged motor is the original owner...