Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WATCHA DOIN FOR T DAY ???

carguy79ta

we are having 35 people over at noon.  baking a 24lb..spatchcock a 21lb and will grill it..deep fry 2 14lb'ers.  4 turkeys total.  wifey is baking the oven bird ..I am doing the other 3.  been up since 530. Fun!!  You??

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

Been up since 2am. Got a quick hour nap. Wife left for work at 2:30 and I'm home along with the baby. Plan to watch football and eat leftovers. Then I have the pleasure of going to my inlaws this evening.

• Like 2

Got lucky this year, going up to Parents house with everyone. All I have to do is make my gravy and mashed potatoes! Bonus is I still have a late deer tag and the ranch I hunt is right down the road.... wonder if they mind if I show up in full camo...... Happy T Day everyone 

• Like 2

After approximately 40 years of my parents hosting Thanksgiving, this year my mom said enough.  So all of us kids are having our own celebrations. At our house it will be just my wife, daughters, and mother-in-law. It's definitely going to be different.

Heading to my son's house for early afternoon snacks, some games and then dinner about 6 with our kids, grandkids and some of my son's in-laws. 

We are taking 1 turkey we cooked, 1 spiral sliced ham, and 1 smoked turkey.  I have to confess, i purchased the smoked turkey from City BBQ. (I haven't made the smoker purchase yet!)

Definitely a relaxing, fun day. Grandkids are 4, 2 and 1 so there is lots to do!

At home, wife and I will be eating a ham  today. Our T day will be Sunday after spreading the family for different T day groups. We want leftover ham for Beer Cheese soup. Sunday will have our one month old grand son grate grandma brother and the rest of the local family. Oh ya a 21 pound bird and fixings.

well all the turkey is eaten and leftovers packaged.  I am the one that feels like a stuffed turkey.  had a little drama with the turkey fryer.  I picked up a refill propane bottle. didn't work. returned it and got a diff one.  the handle fell off in my hand.  went to get a 3rd one and the people said maybe I am the problem.  I said I am 57yo and have been using propane bottles for 35 years.  they said well this is a Big deal.. it costs 30 bucks.  I now was an hour behind schedule due to the ff'd up bottles.. I said I will buy a new bottle I have people showing up in 90min.  they gave me the bottle and all worked out but the turkeys were an hour late.  chaos ensued for an hour extra. all the wine was gone and such but we all had a great time 60 degrees and sunny.  no NFL football.  

• Like 3

Was up every hour since 2. Smoking 2-10 lbs briskets. Had trouble getting heat up in smoker it was so cold out. 8 hrs of smoke on those then put a 12 lbs turkey in and finished briskets in oven. Also grilled 2 turkey breasts on the Weber. Had 20 family members over to the new house for thanksgiving. Stuffed and tired.

Foiling tomorrow!

• Like 3